Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got the OEM mud flaps installed….and now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

1plavs

‘22 MYP, White/Black
Mar 29, 2021
MKE
PPF or rear mud flaps?
I just installed the Tesla oem mud flaps so should I also do their PPF and/or install these rear mud flaps I found on Amazon?

Nansure Tesla Model Y Mud Flaps Rear Splash Guards Mudguard Mudflaps Car Accessories for Model Y 2020 2021 2022, No Need to Drill Holes (Set of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09N7M3Y3R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_VN31R1MQQ9A6TH74Q9BR
5A2D4559-04B5-4791-8BE0-986C21BB897D.jpeg
DC8F154B-9FD6-4302-BD9F-8F4FBEFFAA13.jpeg
F34983F1-D7BC-4AF8-9380-55ADEB00CE4A.jpeg

I'll ask differently; are those the original equipment Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 M+S tires? If not, what is the tire? How do you like them when driving in winter conditions?
I mean I don’t mind other than the original question being vague. I haven’t had the chance them in snow yet. Plus this post isn’t about tires?

PPF or rear mud flaps?
I just installed the Tesla oem mud flaps so should I also do their PPF and/or install these rear mud flaps I found on Amazon?

Nansure Tesla Model Y Mud Flaps Rear Splash Guards Mudguard Mudflaps Car Accessories for Model Y 2020 2021 2022, No Need to Drill Holes (Set of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09N7M3Y3R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_VN31R1MQQ9A6TH74Q9BR
View attachment 750154View attachment 750155View attachment 750156
I chatted to the SC and they told me the Y comes with mud flaps but after chatting on the website to Tesla they told me that my order won't have mudflaps. Do you know if the Tesla Y mudflaps will fit on the rear of the car as well? We have a lot of road salt dropped around us as it gets icy and that stuff damages paintwork.

I chatted to the SC and they told me the Y comes with mud flaps but after chatting on the website to Tesla they told me that my order won't have mudflaps. Do you know if the Tesla Y mudflaps will fit on the rear of the car as well? We have a lot of road salt dropped around us as it gets icy and that stuff damages paintwork.
The front and rear mudflaps are different and can't be interchanged. Here's a set of front and backs that have the OEM mudflap look. You can see the differences between the front and rear.

If you PPF the doors, I recommend you do the entire door. If you only do a portion of a panel, there will be a line that collects dirt over time and it will become very visible and you also risk the PPF peeling.

The rear flaps do not do much to protect your car but it prevents some spray from hitting the cars behind you - some say this is worthless but I believe it can help in preventing people from rear ending you in some cases.

The Nansure flaps for the rear are good - they look slightly small if you look very closely but other than that, they match the front OEMs nicely. If nothing else, it's a good cosmetic add so your car looks more balanced.

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
Yes, seeing as you're in Texas, I wouldn't expect you to have that issue. I should amend my comment to apply to those in regions with a lot of snow/salt. I had factory partial PPF on the doors and it only took a few months of Cleveland winter to create a noticeably dirty line around the edges of the PPF.
Agree. Here in WI it only took a few months for the OEM PPF on our MYP to look yellow and dirty around the lines.