Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got the update but how does the departure schedule work?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even if the electricity rate don't go up at 6 AM for you, that's generally when the electricity USAGE starts peaks, wherever you are. Stopping the charging at 5:55 is just being a good citizen, especially when the temperature is extra cold.
So if you work at noon and your car is sitting outside you will have to use extra juice before you leave to warm up your battery since it would have gone dead cold again. So that is not very good as a citizen. It might be great for people living in a warm climate with high rate during the day. Obviously, one should be able to adjust the time charging stops.
I think that the developper purely screwed up which is too bad since the principle of scheduled departure is excellent.
I am ready to bet that it is going to be improved in a next update though.

I am ready to bet that it is going to be improved in a next update though.

That's for sure. Could be explicit when it's not charging. Could also stop charging between X and Y. Fr example, you leave at noon, charge to 60% for 6AM, stops (or slow down), then charge again (from 60% to 90%) from 9h to 12h for example. They could also find a way to keep the battery warm when charging is done (oh wait, no heat pump :rolleyes:)

Reactions: duanra
That's for sure. Could be explicit when it's not charging. Could also stop charging between X and Y. Fr example, you leave at noon, charge to 60% for 6AM, stops (or slow down), then charge again (from 60% to 90%) from 9h to 12h for example. They could also find a way to keep the battery warm when charging is done (oh wait, no heat pump :rolleyes:)
You can do this with TeslaFi.

They can warm the battery, and do so when plugged in and pre-conditioning. It runs the motors inefficiently to generate waste heat. This runs when battery is below 10C and plugged in/conditioning. When not plugged in/driving it only runs when battery is below -7C. It runs much higher while supercharging but I haven't measured the limit yet. (This is data from scan my tesla app and obd2 adapter).

They can warm the battery, and do so when plugged in and pre-conditioning. It runs the motors inefficiently to generate waste heat. This runs when battery is below 10C and plugged in/conditioning. When not plugged in/driving it only runs when battery is below -7C. It runs much higher while supercharging but I haven't measured the limit yet. (This is data from scan my tesla app and obd2 adapter).

The stators in the motors can consume up to 7.5kW of power to generate heat.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck