Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got the X detailed before the fall hits.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9995EC00-BDB1-4FE6-ABB4-BB302CCB1C96.jpeg
F0B1E316-DED5-4AA9-AC14-6CB25F7B3013.jpeg
FFB427A3-397B-4F87-BE65-7C74B6B419C1.jpeg
Shop did an excellent job.

Looks great too! Wish they stayed this way during winter too.

If I can get a winter even close to last year, I’ll be thrilled! That was such a mild winter ... think we got about 2” of snow, total!

We did get a ceramic coat done - that’s covered in IGL Quartz+. Let’s see how it holds up; hoping it makes cleanup a little easier.

If I can get a winter even close to last year, I’ll be thrilled! That was such a mild winter ... think we got about 2” of snow, total!

We did get a ceramic coat done - that’s covered in IGL Quartz+. Let’s see how it holds up; hoping it makes cleanup a little easier.

We want NORMAL winters. Mild winters are not normal and cause trouble like droughts and wild fires.

I hope we make up for last winter and get pounded.

Reactions: dmurphy
What did you have done?

Is that car PPF'd? Looks very pearl like, may be because of golden hour you took photos. Or camera white balance ;)

still using an iphone 8 (argh!). not for long as i'll move to the 12 once its released. so sorry for the not-so-good pics. they were taken right around dusk, so the glow of the sun setting was in the air.

i had the fully washed, clay bar'ed, etc. in the spring i'll address the clear bra that is on the X as it some areas it is peeling a bit. got the 22" wheel barrels all fully cleaned and no more brake dust inside the wheels either. door jams, and other non-painted black areas got some good treatment too, to get them even more back to "black".

gonna swap the 20" black slipstream wheels back on around halloween for the winter months too.

its amazing how many looks the X gets rollin' down the street.... :D

Last edited:
I did the same on my 3 with a full detail (myself) to prep for winter. Already have PPF, but added another coat of ceramic coating (Gyeon PPF) and bought 1 liter of Gyeon Wet Coat to spray/rinse on wheels and car after any maintenance washes. Really works well to keep the hydrophobic properties going and also simple for the wheels. I do have Gyeon Q2 Rim ceramic on the wheels as well. Finally used 303 Seal Protectant on all the window and door seals and 303 Aerospace Protectant on all plastic parts, dash, etc. Finally cleaned the tires and applied Gyeon Q2 Tire coating. Keeps a nice matte dressing on the tires for months.

still using an iphone 8 (argh!). not for long as i'll move to the 12 once its released. so sorry for the not-so-good pics. they were taken right around dusk, so the glow of the sun setting was in the air.

i had the fully washed, clay bar'ed, etc. in the spring i'll address the clear bra that is on the X as it some areas it is peeling a bit. got the 22" wheel barrels all fully cleaned and no more brake dust inside the wheels either. door jams, and other non-painted black areas got some good treatment too, to get them even more back to "black".

gonna swap the 20" black slipstream wheels back on around halloween for the winter months too.

its amazing how many looks the X gets rollin' down the street.... :D

Looks great! Which shop detailed it?

Xpel Ultimate with ceramic lite. This detail was to top up the ceramic exterior and to get the seats steam cleaned and reapply ceramic. Had tree sap all over the hood and windshield from the many camping trips with the trailer.

Attachments

• ABF846CA-3E49-4100-A6D7-CB5CE4C37ECE.jpeg
    ABF846CA-3E49-4100-A6D7-CB5CE4C37ECE.jpeg
    368.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 23969B46-1D88-4650-81F1-FE1AA73EA78A.jpeg
    23969B46-1D88-4650-81F1-FE1AA73EA78A.jpeg
    442.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 40441E05-580B-4259-8326-E4CF788B325C.jpeg
    40441E05-580B-4259-8326-E4CF788B325C.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 8A2E7E4C-EFAC-4BC5-8E5F-92657F41077E.jpeg
    8A2E7E4C-EFAC-4BC5-8E5F-92657F41077E.jpeg
    388.2 KB · Views: 48
I got a $149 chrome delete kit from these guys: Tesla Model X Chrome Delete | Nikola Pro

Took me about 3 hours to apply. Made a couple of mistakes but apparently pro installers don't do it perfectly either. They send you 2 kits if you make a bad mistake, but i kept the 2nd lot to reapply later if needed. These guys include the heat gun which u need, probably. I used it about 15 times around corners and edges. Their price is cheaper than amazon and it includes the heat gun.

My X is exactly like Soey22 pics. Getting ceramic coating done on Tuesday ready for fall as well!! They're doing the inside as well and recoating the seats as it's 3 years old now (just bought it). Not getting any PPF because there was slight damage on the front and the guy said it wasn't worth it (better to just repaint when it gets bad). Buying used makes me really not worry that much, but the ceramic should be good to keep it clean and protected for future.

Reactions: BigMskiman