Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got this email from Tesla regarding the new 19 inch wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dear Scott,

We are pleased to announce a complimentary update to the design of the 19" wheels on your recent Model S order. You will be among the first in the world to debut this exciting new style and your wheels will still be equipped with all-season tires.

We have updated your Model S configuration which you can view in your MyTesla account. Your delivery timeline has not been affected by this update, and your vehicle price will not change.

Although no action is required from you, should you have any questions, please contact [email protected]

I think this could actually have some fairly serious effects on Tesla's margins on the Model S. I think these new base wheels are attractive enough that a lot of people won't opt for the upgraded 19" wheels ($2500) or the 21" wheels ($4500). The profit margin on those upgraded wheels is undoubtedly enormous.

I think this could actually have some fairly serious effects on Tesla's margins on the Model S. I think these new base wheels are attractive enough that a lot of people won't opt for the upgraded 19" wheels ($2500) or the 21" wheels ($4500). The profit margin on those upgraded wheels is undoubtedly enormous.

It probably won't change those who want 21" all that much. It will change the 19", but I suspect that very few ordered the cyclones anyway--just not enough value for money.

Dear Scott,

We are pleased to announce a complimentary update to the design of the 19" wheels on your recent Model S order. You will be among the first in the world to debut this exciting new style and your wheels will still be equipped with all-season tires.

We have updated your Model S configuration which you can view in your MyTesla account. Your delivery timeline has not been affected by this update, and your vehicle price will not change.

Although no action is required from you, should you have any questions, please contact [email protected]

What status was your order in when you got this? I went into production last night and had chosen stock 19".