Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got to test drive the Taycan Turbo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you enjoy the Taycan and can afford it, get it. It's probably the best product Porsche sells and despite worse price/performance ratio, it's still a better deal compared to their ICE offerings.

But don't post stuff like the S being "not a drivers car". You are getting into blind fanboy territory. Enjoy the Taycan more than an S, nobody can argue against that. Who's to tell you what to enjoy. Don't bring up subjective or esoteric qualities to try to lessen other options just to defend your choice. Enjoy your choice, but be real.
To be fair, half of the people interested in Taycan seem to be previous or current Model S/X owners. On the three Taycan forums I browse sometimes, most people ask how it compares to Model S. And many compare to Model 3P.

• Informative
Reactions: E Dizzle
Just take your Taycan for a coast to coast trip, or wait, just go on a 300mi trip and see what you think about the variable reliability and upkeep of the sketchy CCS/ChadeMo Level 3 network. I am not talking about W coast, but places like KS or OH.

If you retired and stay around your hometown, then the Taycan is the car for you.

Reactions: axhoaxho
Just take your Taycan for a coast to coast trip, or wait, just go on a 300mi trip and see what you think about the variable reliability and upkeep of the sketchy CCS/ChadeMo Level 3 network. I am not talking about W coast, but places like KS or OH.

If you retired and stay around your hometown, then the Taycan is the car for you.

I have multiple cars. Taycan is for fun 200 to 300 mile trips only. EVs (including Tesla) are not suitable for interstate and coast to coast trips for me.