Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got V10!!! but no Theater Mode :-(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I checked under entertainment, but all I have is arcade, no theater mode. Everything else in the release notes appears to be there. Not sure why I don't have theater mode. Any other Model S's out there with V10 in the same predicament?

I have a 2017 90D

I checked under entertainment, but all I have is arcade, no theater mode. Everything else in the release notes appears to be there. Not sure why I don't have theater mode. Any other Model S's out there with V10 in the same predicament?

I have a 2017 90D
You are probably an unfortunate MCU1 owner like me. I’m not sure but I think all cars before sept of 2017 have mcu1. No theater mode for us...

I will pay for an upgrade MCU2 upgrade on our 2017 MS and MX. Its ridiculous to have to buy new cars to get those new features,
I could handle a do it yourself kit, I've already had the dash and doors apart for other stuff, this car is pretty simple to work on. I also installed a new amp which was a pain, cause it is buried under the dash by your left knee in a rack... that's hard to get through....

Technology continues to change every year.

Your 3 year old iPhone or Android can not do everything the new ones with new hardware can even with updated software.

Tesla makes the software better with releases but the hardware is still what came with the car originally.

Folks that have AP1 or earlier cars with no auto pilot hardware know the feeling.

If you want the latest and greatest you upgrade but realize that something newer and better will come out after you buy.

Enjoy what you have and when ready for an upgrade go for it.

yep MCU 1 Model S here in the same club.

our Model 3 has it all - but even still I am surprised how there's a slight perceptible lag on Netflix UI (and a little motion blur on heavy action sequences like you might see on a LCD with 60Hz refresh rate) - so my thinking is even for MCU 2 this is a bit of a struggle. Esp hulu - its UI is just a little sluggish like you might see on a iPhone 5/6 - it works fine but I think we're at the limit. But I think this is partially software related, and perhaps code needs to be further optimized or apps re-written to take advantage of the HW directly. I don't know if anyone will seriously put that effort into it but perhaps if us MCU1 folks make enough noise they will pay attention. It could be the situation like my original iPad Air 1 that worked fine the first few years but apple has added so many more "features" and bloat that the original iPad Air is almost unusable now (and they dropped support with iOS 13) So you're forced to upgrade if you want all the latest features. I guess that's just how it is - doesn't seem right esp those who missed it i.e the early 2018 folks by just a few months.

The browser is the perfect example - it was somewhat usable when we first got the car and I could show it off to friends, now it plain doesn't work.

Hilarious how quickly something becomes a human right. You didn't buy the car with that feature but now it's ridiculous that you don't have it?

i guess this is really the point - we didn't have these features when we bought the car and GM or Toyota wouldn't have promised to bring u netflix in the future etc.

On the other hand I think many of us would be willing to $$ for an upgrade to the MCU