Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got VIN number but NO reg number

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke to Live Chat and got a girl called Emma.

I asked her for the reg for this exact reason and I was told no problem I'll go check. Before she even replied I got the text with it in. :)

Around a week before my collection.

Try the live chat :)

Tesla were/are surprisingly fluid about allocating UK registration number plates. I posted this at the time last year, but they told me one registration number (which I used for the insurance), and then delivered the car with a different plate (same except last letter).

Telsa offered to send me new plates with the original details (so no driving it in the meantime), or said I could just keep them and change the insurance details (thankfully Tesla had not allocated it to another customer). I did the later, seemed slightly less hassle and I preferred the second registration.

Evidently the DVLA only get told at the last minute too, not just the customers!

Hello, How did you get the VIN. I have collection on 11th March but nobody answers the phone or email
It will be sent to you much nearer the collection date - within a week of collection by text/email. You can then also see it on your Tesla account.

You can relax at this stage, everything is going to plan - in the way the Tesla does it! It just panics the rest of us :)