Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got Xpel Prime XR 20% front and 70% rear with white interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have white interior and got Xpel Prime XR 20% on the front and 70% on all rear glass. I didn’t do the windshield or glass roof. Color match is pretty close, does look slightly lighter in the front in certain angles, due to the white interior and windshield letting in light. Overall happy with the look and I feel I haven’t had to turn up the ac fan as high on hot days.

Only caveat the reflection from the white dash in the side mirror is now more pronounced. But it doesn’t really bother me.

Lastly not all shops do it, but because the windows are frameless. I would ask if they file, micro edge, or bezel the film. Which leaves no gap in the film and gives it that OEM finish.

7E0AEFC3-6FF4-401C-9D3B-DE7109AFFFC4.jpeg
638D3F78-0C09-4357-9516-BCCEB37A3C34.jpeg
D5DBA366-A777-4A4D-9EDB-443817EFB138.jpeg

I have white interior and got Xpel Prime XR 20% on the front and 70% on all rear glass. I didn’t do the windshield or glass roof. Color match is pretty close, does look slightly lighter in the front in certain angles, due to the white interior and windshield letting in light. Overall happy with the look and I feel I haven’t had to turn up the ac fan as high on hot days.

Only caveat the reflection from the white dash in the side mirror is now more pronounced. But it doesn’t really bother me.

Lastly not all shops do it, but because the windows are frameless. I would ask if they file, micro edge, or bezel the film. Which leaves no gap in the film and gives it that OEM finish.

View attachment 687063View attachment 687064View attachment 687065
Get your windshield covered. You will be glad you did! Way cooler temps, easier to drive in the sun, and cuts glare from oncoming headlights at night.

What do you recommend % wise on the windshield? I'm debating it myself when I get mine so I understand I will need to do the back 5
I did 40% and a 5% tint strip dropping 2” below the rear view mirror mount. I would only do XR + as it is more clear than XR Black. I tried black and didn’t like it. Lucky or unlucky I received a rock chip and had to replace the windshield. Second time around I did the XR +. As far as hatch glass I did 20% as it makes it effectively 5% so people can’t see you from behind.

The advance of tinting the windshield is making the front side glass look a little darker (I have 20% sides like you with 70% rear sides). The advantage of the tiny strip is no need to use visors, and getting rid of the tall windshield look.

What do you recommend % wise on the windshield? I'm debating it myself when I get mine so I understand I will need to do the back 5

Same exact setup Im gonna get on my model Y when it arrives but I do see that the front is a bit lighter than the rear glass. I'm now debating whether I should jus go with 15% on the front glass so that it matches the rears to within 1-4% for a somewhat perfect match. I also want maximum heat and IR rejection so I'm planning to do the windshield but don't want it dark at all so I'm thinking of goin with XR blue 70 or 80%

I have windshield tinted w 50%. Works extremely well. It makes the 40% fronts look darker. Helps a lot in the day as I’m more sensitive to light and at night, it’s not an issue on a well lit street. If I was off-roading in the dark, probably not recommended, but for general street use—thumbs up.

50% is too dark for me at night. One of the side effects of my lasik is that my night vision has diminished. Plus 50% might get me pulled over for a fix it ticket in CA so I'll go with the 70% black or 70-80% blue wich should give me some of that IR and UV protection and keep the car somewhat cool in the summer and I can avoid getting pulled over for a darkly tinted windshield.