Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gotta love a good surprise.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I open the frunk Sunday and find water in it. Having just had the fenders and windshield replaced due to a faulty garage door opener I assumed it was a misalignment since it had rained the day before.
I contacted Marshall Auto body in Waukesha Wisconsinn who had done the initial repair. (A post specifically about that experience is coming) they came from Waukesha to Madison, dropped off a rental and took Malachi back to their shop. They spent several hours trying to get water into the frunk with no success.
While scratching their collective heads one of their body men came by and said I'll bet they keep it garaged. Of course, lightbulbs came on and that is what we are going with.
High humidity from the rain and cold.
Air tight compartment.
Warm garage.
Driven next day in temps in the teens.

Condensation in frunk.

I will be keeping an eye on this and let you all know if I see it again. It would seem this phenomena would be limited to colder states, but it is something to keep in mind. Especially if you are using the frunk for storage and not opening it much.