TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Goulburn supercharger ICE'd

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by TesAus, Oct 1, 2016.

1. TesAus

TesAus Member

Just a heads up that you may have a delay if planning on using Goulburn supercharger today.

There is a fair on at the park and parking is at a premium to the point that all charging spots were occupied by ICE cars when we got there. Three cars had the owners in them and one moved right away, but still.

Roses cafe open so that is good (but not tomorrow).

2. Mark E

Mark E Member

If the owners are there and watching for anyone coming to charge then I can understand - it's when people park and ignore all of the signs that it makes me mad.

3. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

Is it the annual Spy Fest again? Same thing happened last year.

4. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

This is the scene ..

7 ICE's, @TesAus charging, Stewart (now I know all 3 Teslas from Cheltenham) waiting off screen and myself waiting behind him !
    20161002_123657.jpg

Unfortunately when I got a spot after almost 30 mins it was beside Stewart so I only got 33kW. Eventually secured a more distant spot to get 105kW.

• Dislike x 2
  5. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

What are the signs meant to be at Goulburn anyway? About half the posts had their signs missing, and the remainder indicated 60 minute general parking.

Hopefully all will be resolved before the advent of the Model 3 !

6. RIPPERTON

RIPPERTON Member

If you were desperate you could park on the footpath side ie on the bark or gravel or whatever it is.

7. lennier

lennier Member

Did any of them apologise to anyone?

8. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

No ICE drivers were around to apologise unfortunately (when Stuart and I were there anyway) except for one scary and unapologetic crew who's spot Stuart grabbed as they left !

9. WhiteStar

WhiteStar Member

Reading this makes me think that this might be the wrong place to install Superchargers after thinking all along that they should be situated near a selection of conveniences like good cafés or restaurants. Maybe it’s better to have them situated in single purpose sites on or next to freeways after all. Cost of land acquisition is much less, allowing for future expansion & hopefully more or less eliminating the potential for complete ICE blockades like in Goulburn today.

10. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Coral Gables, FL
    That is a wise move everywhere in my view. Most of us would rather walk a distance than to be ice'd and the most convenient placement is ice'd the most. That is a worldwide problem, including every EV charging station.

11. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

As you can see from the photo most of the signs have been stolen. All of the 'Tesla parking only' signs are gone as are most of the 30 minute general parking, so technically no one was doing anything wrong there. The signs have been gone for months now. Surprised that not a single Tesla employee has been through there and actioned the issue.

12. Brian May

Brian May Member

Probably somebody needs to provide Tesla with feedback on the situation...

13. WhiteStar

WhiteStar Member

#13 WhiteStar, Oct 2, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    I’m not so sure them scary unapologetic people would care about no sign. Twelve empty car spaces & what the hell is a Tesla anyway?

14. TesAus

TesAus Member

I believe that this was only really an issue because of the fair being held in the park directly across the road from the chargers.

When I have visited there before and when I charged there on the Friday there was no issue (only 1 spot ice'd).

The signs that were present nominate the spots as Tesla charging, but allow 60 minutes general parking also.

Maybe those that use the supercharger there more regularly can comment if there are any issues at other times?

It may become more of an issue when the fleet increases and all eight spots are required.

15. moemoke

moemoke Member

Tesla need to provide retractable spikes in front of parking bays and an app in your cars that lowers the spikes as a Tesla approaches,
    or a longer lead from the supercharger so you can double park behind the ICE cars, leave a note on your windscreen saying that "someone stole our charger spot and we'll be back in 3 hours when our car is charged" no need to tell them it'll be less than an hour.

16. RichardMcN

RichardMcN Member

Does anybody remember if there were any Tesla-charging-only bays before the signs went missing?

17. WhiteStar

WhiteStar Member

I was told some time ago by a knowledgable Tesla person that Goulburn has the rare distinction of being one of the most vandalised Superchargers in the world. I like the auto spike idea but maybe Goulburn SC needs an electric fence.

18. MDK

MDK Aussie Member

Yes there were two Tesla-only bays and 6 general parking (60 minute) bays.

When I was there in May the two Tesla-only ones were in the middle: 3 general bays, 2 Tesla-only, 3 general bays.

Goulburn-sign.png

Goulburn-signs.png

• Informative x 1
  19. Homer

Homer Member

While those signs are clear enough if you take the time to read them, I don't think they are clear enough for the average punter who may or may not have a philosophical objection to EVs. Tesla could spend a bit more time to make the intention a lot clearer.

20. Chuq

Chuq Member

Something like this is hard to miss:

[​IMG] upload_2016-10-4_13-32-3.png

• Like x 1