Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Government regulations of L2 driver assist systems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We agreed for the purposes of this section (and you agreed yourself) we will only count FSD as meeting the following criteria:
  • Anywhere
  • Anytime
  • Anyone
Or do you want to flip flop again!?

No, I am not flip flopping. I said that nobody has achieved L5. I am going with your definition that FSD = L5.

I am saying that there are plenty of lidar equipped robotaxis that are autonomous vehicles even if they are not "full self-driving" by your definition.

Geofenced autonomous driving is not FSD by your definition, but it is still real autonomous driving. You do get that right?

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: mikes_fsd
So you are moving the goal posts?
Really? we just went through this one post up and you are going to say that I am moving goal posts?
Sounds more like you are trying to backtrack on you agreeing to this definition for this sub-forum!
So now, if a car is not FSD (anywhere, anytime, anyone) it is not even self-driving at all?
Full Self Driving needs to be useful, useful to regular humans.
I could care less for fancy demo's, benefits me ZERO, or anyone else outside the company releasing the video.
Locked to a small city in the middle of nowhere USA is of no benefit to me or the 99+% of the rest of US population, ie. NOT useful.

Really? we just went through this one post up and you are going to say that I am moving goal posts?
Sounds more like you are trying to backtrack on you agreeing to this definition for this sub-forum!

Full Self Driving needs to be useful, useful to regular humans.
I could care less for fancy demo's, benefits me ZERO, or anyone else outside the company releasing the video.
Locked to a small city in the middle of nowhere USA is of no benefit to me or the 99+% of the rest of US population, ie. NOT useful.

Basically, you only care about what you can personally use. It's not legit autonomous driving unless you can use it. Got it.