Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor GP Automotive Renewal Service: Falcon5's Tesla Model S - Lots of photos!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again, we've had the pleasure of preparing a Tesla Model S, GP style. Our typical process starts with our proprietary Automotive Renewal System. ARS is a process that has taken over two decades to perfect and is dynamic. It addresses the vehicle's needs based on ITS condition. So, no two vehicles will ever have the same exact renewal service. We're not a cookie-cutter shop, we view our work as art and expression of whom we are.

This MS went through a Phase 2 Renewal Service, due to the amount of imperfections in the paint finish, we had to perform an advanced paint correction. Finally, we applied a cutting-edge Nano coating to protect the paint surface.

The clear film, Paint Armour, from the factory was removed. Our PPF service was performed. And finally, we applied Huper Optik window film to all glass surfaces.

This job took about three days from start to finish and we hope you enjoy looking through a project we absolutely loved doing. Sit back, grab some snacks, and enjoy the ride!

Factory-applied PPF. Notice all the exposed edges. This allows for wax, dirt, etc. to get trapped on exposed adhesive edge. Over time, clear film will have to be trimmed, and eventually removed for aesthetic reasons

IMG_1116-web900.jpg

IMG_1117-web900.jpg

Removal of Paint Armour. This process is a bit nerve-racking. Whenever removing pre-existing clear film, you always run the risk of possibly removing the paint underneath the film. Sometimes, it can take us a few hours to do this process

IMG_1122-web900.jpg

For a seamless install, we always remove as much as possible to allow for the film to be tucked in past the edges of body panels. This requires a lot of labor, but more importantly, a skilled technician

IMG_1127-web900.jpg

IMG_1131-web900.jpg

Preparation is the key to a proper installation. Every inch of the paint is painstakingly examined and imperfections are removed. Any paint chips are filled. Even though our clients may never see what's underneath the film, to us, we know imperfections are there. The goal here is simple: freeze the perfect paint condition in time. The clear film will eventually be removed, and when that time arrives, the paint underneath will be preserved and in pristine condition

IMG_1139-web900.jpg

IMG_1140-web900.jpg

IMG_1142-web900.jpg

IMG_1161-web900.jpg

IMG_1163-web900.jpg

IMG_1166-web900.jpg

IMG_1170-web900.jpg

IMG_1180-web900.jpg

IMG_1169-web900.jpg

IMG_1218-web900.jpg

Installation begins. We perform a custom/semi-custom installation. Some panels, headlights and fenders, are better and more precise using computer-cut patterns. What's unique about our installation is, the patterns are extended on edges allowing us to still perform a seamless installation, without making cuts on the vehicle. Other areas, hood, mirrors or bumpers, are often custom. We literally roll out the film and hand trim every area. This requires years of experience and a surgeon's nerves of steel

IMG_1205-web900.jpg

IMG_1226-web900.jpg

IMG_1243-web900.jpg

Re-assembly. Goal is to put everything back to factory condition and not have any spare parts ;)

IMG_1289-web900.jpg

IMG_1295-web900.jpg

IMG_1301-web900.jpg

Final Result

IMG_1303-web900.jpg

IMG_1309-web900.jpg

IMG_1312-web900.jpg

IMG_1315-web900.jpg

IMG_1319-web900.jpg

Tinting glass is definitely an art form. We use a unique NanoCeramic window film called Huper Optik. We've opted for this brand for clarity and amazing performance. It's tint for those that want heat rejection, but not the tint "look". This Model S had Ceramic 60 applied to all windows. We make all our patterns by hand and not use any computers

We prefer to remove door panels as this gives the installer ample access to apply the film to the outermost edges of the glass. This also allows us to clean excess water without letting it go behind the doors and into areas sensitive to water. As you can see, all parts, screws, and bolts are properly catalogued.

IMG_1329-web900.jpg

IMG_1331-web900.jpg

IMG_1347-web900.jpg

IMG_1349-web900.jpg

Phase 2/Nano

A few wheels were curbed. We can repair them on-site

IMG_1360-web900.jpg

IMG_1366-web900.jpg

IMG_1370-web900.jpg

Paint decontaminated using clay, then dried

IMG_1376-web900.jpg

Wheels dismounted for repair

IMG_1377-web900.jpg

Project Complete

IMG_1428-web900.jpg

IMG_1432-web900.jpg

IMG_1436-web900.jpg

IMG_1437-web900.jpg

IMG_1438-web900.jpg

IMG_1439-web900.jpg

IMG_1445-web900.jpg

IMG_1446-web900.jpg

IMG_1447-web900.jpg

IMG_1454-web900.jpg

IMG_1456-web900.jpg

IMG_1457-web900.jpg

IMG_1459-web900.jpg

Last edited:
This reminds me of the people who put clear plactic slipcovers on their sofas to protect the fabric... It just seems tacky to me.
I'd put it more along the lines of deciding to recover your furniture with kid-proof fabric that looks just like the old fabric, but can take spills and grubby hands and wipe clean without a trace. Looks the same as new & keeps looking like new, while protecting. (Pardon the analogy, but just sent out two chairs for reupholstery, due to three large dogs sneaking up on them one too many times... new fabric is indestructible.)

While plastic slipcovers just look ... tacky.

IMG_1437-web900_zps4eed90db.jpg

Please explain how this multi-coat red Model S has a Signature side badge.

This is my Signature Model S. Paid extra for the burgundy red.

- - - Updated - - -

This reminds me of the people who put clear plactic slipcovers on their sofas to protect the fabric... It just seems tacky to me.

Saved me at least $1000 when someone door dinged me and Moe fixed for a small amount. No painting required. Well worth the money we spent to protect the car.

Looks like this is the second time that the plastic coating has been applied as the first coat appears damaged in the original pictures and there are were some odd seams that were obviously problems. Don't know the costs but other forum posts have said about $5000 for plastic coating. When the plastic gets damaged, you still have to pay to fix the plastic. Not much different than re-painting.

Looks like this is the second time that the plastic coating has been applied as the first coat appears damaged in the original pictures and there are were some odd seams that were obviously problems. Don't know the costs but other forum posts have said about $5000 for plastic coating. When the plastic gets damaged, you still have to pay to fix the plastic. Not much different than re-painting.

Tesla did a poor job on the original clear coat that they offered with the car. Was unhappy with the work, but left it on. Had some front end work done and the repair shop did an even worse job than Tesla. Had to either remove it or replace it. Without the protective wrap the car would have had to be fixed, prepped and painted. Took Moe a few hours to fix it and a small fee. Otherwise it would have cost upwards of $2000 and taken two days or more.

I think this is just a choice just like anything else you decide to do with the car. Count me as one of those who hates door dings, rock chips, scratches or scuffs on the paint and having to live with it vs. repainting or replace/repair as well. Having had other cars which needed body work with paint, color matching can be hit or miss sometimes with lighter metallic colors so I would much rather replace any damaged xpel piece vs repainting an entire panel of the car, costs aside. Anyways great job Moe, I always enjoy seeing the behind the scenes work.

I think this is just a choice just like anything else you decide to do with the car. Count me as one of those who hates door dings, rock chips, scratches or scuffs on the paint and having to live with it vs. repainting or replace/repair as well. Having had other cars which needed body work with paint, color matching can be hit or miss sometimes with lighter metallic colors so I would much rather replace any damaged xpel piece vs repainting an entire panel of the car, costs aside. Anyways great job Moe, I always enjoy seeing the behind the scenes work.

Thanks for kind words. It's nice to know you're protected should anything like this happen. Glad you did the full coverage on your MS.

Moe is the real deal! I'm a big fan of his work. this is $$$ well spent! love the attention to detail.

A little birdie told me you got your P85D already...when is she coming to the asylum ;) We're all looking forward to the project