Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS & Audio voice commands are wonky

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since I took delivery of my Tesla 3, audio selections and GPS commands are sporadically intermittent and or inaccurate.
I've taken it back 10 or 11 times. I have shown them videos of the car simply ignoring commands to the GPS
and requested songs or stations. For example, if I ask it to play "Born this Way" by Lady Gaga it will (a) do nothing, (b) choose an entirely different song or artist, or (c) go to a page showing generic podcasts, or (d) actually play the song requested. It's anybody's guess what it will do next.
In navigation function, about a third of the time it will ignore a voice request.
When I reset the car using the two buttons on the steering wheel, usually everything works alright as long as I don't turn the car off. But, when I re-enter the car, it's anybody's guess as to what's going to happen and where.
Also, tthe connectivity when using audio selections cuts in and out far more often than it did a few months ago. I get that annoying little circle, which can last for a 10th of a mile or half a mile.
Tesla tells me there's a download coming "soon" that will correct this problem. They have been telling me that for 15 months.
Do any of you out there experience similar situations, and if so, what solutions if any did you encounter?

With a recent update (not sure which one), our car is not executing voice commands at all. After issuing a command, the text box appears showing what the system thinks we said (usually correct), but then nothing happens. Yesterday I put in a request to service about it but no response yet.

The old voice command system before December last year worked OK.

With a recent update (not sure which one), our car is not executing voice commands at all. After issuing a command, the text box appears showing what the system thinks we said (usually correct), but then nothing happens. Yesterday I put in a request to service about it but no response yet.

The old voice command system before December last year worked OK.
This afternoon voice commands started executing. Perhaps service did something remotely??