Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS business location Google Calendar

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How we can get the name of the place someone is going from their Google calendar to the Tesla GPS (or Carplay not sure exactly how Tesla works). Basically, we used to list addresses like this in the location field in Google calendar
Hap's Burgers & Taps 2411 76th Ave SE, Mercer Island, WA 98040but my client couldn't click on them when in his Tesla and have the GPS work so then we just added them like this: 2411 76th Ave SE, Mercer Island, WA 98040

If the appointment is in your phone’s calendar and you’ve enabled calendar sync in the Tesla mobile app, you should be able to navigate using the calendar entry. Not clear from your post how your client is trying to do this.

PS: No CarPlay in Teslas.

How we can get the name of the place someone is going from their Google calendar to the Tesla GPS (or Carplay not sure exactly how Tesla works). Basically, we used to list addresses like this in the location field in Google calendar
Hap's Burgers & Taps 2411 76th Ave SE, Mercer Island, WA 98040but my client couldn't click on them when in his Tesla and have the GPS work so then we just added them like this: 2411 76th Ave SE, Mercer Island, WA 98040
It seems google calendar expects a comma after the business name (I tried throwing that entry into the location field of google calendar online and it autocorrected), although Tesla may not use the same format.

I was wondering that also but I dont have a Tesla to try that out, could you? I have a client I am trying to handle this for.
I don't have calendar sync set up with my phone and car and I won't be getting back to it before the end of the week. Maybe you can try doing that for your client and see if it works?

Basically when you enter a business name in Google Calendar online, in the location field, it auto completes for you. I would presume Tesla can work with that autocompleted format?

Or are you talking about listing an address in the description field and it's not properly highlighting the address as clickable? If that's the case, can't you just have the business name in the description separate from the address? Like for example in a different paragraph?

Last edited: