TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

GPS Estimated Arrival Time Very Wrong

Discussion in 'Model X' started by T.E.S.L.A, Mar 25, 2017.

1. T.E.S.L.A

T.E.S.L.A Member

I seem to have a problem with my GPS when navigating. The ETA is always out by at least half an hour, sometimes up to an hour.

No traffic affecting the routes, and the navigation directions is spot on. It is just the timing that is waaayy out.

Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Hans Allis

Hans Allis Member

It has to be related to the total trip length, right? If you plan a 10 minute trip, it's not likely to be off by half an hour.

For me personally it's usually about right. Bit on the pessimistic side, so I might arrive 5 minutes earlier on a 1 hour trip.

3. T.E.S.L.A

T.E.S.L.A Member

Nope, even a 15 Min trip has an ETA of about 45 minutes.

4. voltaren

voltaren Member

Probably a Hong Kong problem. In the US, my estimated time is always 10-20 minutes longer than it actually takes. Odd because Google Maps is fairly accurate and Tesla's software is sort of based on it... I wonder if 8.1 will fix this issue.

5. Hans Allis

Hans Allis Member

Navigation's handled by software from Navigon.

6. T.E.S.L.A

T.E.S.L.A Member

Must be Navigon then, hope it gets sorted with 8.1...

Interesting, must be a weird Hong Kong thing then....we have lots of restrictions here in Hong Kong, due to government red tape and incompetence we are blocked from using the autopilot. Even our calendar app is removed from the system because they have decided it is not a driving safety feature...

Hope one day the will catch up and become more first-world like the US.