Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS frozen at location and rear view camera black - reset not working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my Model 3 out on a quick trip to the store this evening and when I got back in to go home, I noticed the GPS arrow was stuck at the store -- even after I had driven a mile away from it. Then I noticed that the rear view camera is black. Tried resetting the screen (which I have had to do WAY too often on a car that I've had for 4 days?) and it solved nothing. GPS is still stuck and camera still doesn't work. Tried again, 3 more times, and still nothing.

Anyone have any other suggestions? Car is powered off and is charging in my garage right now, thought I'd give it some time and let it go to sleep before going out and trying again, but this is obviously incredibly annoying. Thankfully this was just on a short drive home, but had something like this happened on a road trip, there would be no user-recourse to remediate it seems.

Any thoughts?

Third and final post in a row - it was a corrupt flash drive plugged in for the dash cam. The file system must have gone corrupt when I booted the car back up leaving the store. Unplugged it, reset the car again, and drove it a couple miles, and all features are restored.

I reformatted the drive to be safe and reinstalled it and no issues so far. Spent 45 minutes on the phone with Tesla support this evening and couldn’t come to a solution. Luckily someone on Reddit recognized the symptoms and replied with a solution.

Third and final post in a row - it was a corrupt flash drive plugged in for the dash cam. The file system must have gone corrupt when I booted the car back up leaving the store. Unplugged it, reset the car again, and drove it a couple miles, and all features are restored.

I reformatted the drive to be safe and reinstalled it and no issues so far. Spent 45 minutes on the phone with Tesla support this evening and couldn’t come to a solution. Luckily someone on Reddit recognized the symptoms and replied with a solution.

I just had the same problems yesterday, will give the flash drive a try.

Thanks for posting !