Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS frozen, headlights on, power reduced message, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the following happen today.

Backing out of my garage I noticed the rear camera has gone black.

Then I notice that the GPS is stuck at my house. The screen is rotating with the changes in direction of the car but the dot is stuck back at my house.

Then I notice the screen is dim and the headlights are on even though it’s the middle of a sunny day.

Everything else was working fine such as the audio controls on the screen.

I made a stop and when I came out the GPS was still stuck so I manually powered the car off via the screen.

When I put my foot on the brake to turn the car back on the GPS was still stuck and there was a message on the screen about “Power reduced - exiting and re-entering vehicle may restore”. I opened and closed the door but that didn’t do anything so then I got out and walked away until the car locked. When I came back the message was gone.

As I drove off from the stop I noticed that the rear camera was working again and the headlights were off. However the GPS is still stuck.

Has anybody has this odd combination of issues before? This is the first time any of them have occurred for me.

Wondering if I need to do a hard reset or contact the SC or what.