Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a weard issue with my Model S 2016 navigation. Car seems to drive 1 or 2 degrees different direction from my route. It typically starts at home and last time on sunday when I was about 50 km away, car seemed to go about 1 km off from road. Then suddenly car founded GPS and jumped to road, but only to start again driving slightly wrong angle... I have taken a couple of videos about issue, but not sent to anyone yet.

I have almost the same issue, but I almost never get a GPS lock, GPS is basically offline since the latest update.
I have tried everything this forum had to offer (GPS reset command, turn off car, set to charge etc.)
Does anyone else have this problem?
My car was recently in for service, where eMMC and SD-cards were replaced and Firmware was loaded again, but still, the car is "stuck" at the Service Centre.

I had similar issues. At its worst, the GPS would not update at all, showing the car in a static location while driving. When it did update the position would drift significantly and nav was completely unusable. Multiple trips to SC. Ultimately diagnosed as a bad GPS antenna. I understand now why they didn’t replace the antenna at first sign of trouble.
Replacing the antenna requires the removal of the rear window! Yes, you read that correctly. The SC tech informed me that 95% of the time the window breaks when removed. So a new window is required. This substantially increases the cost of the repair. Lucky for me I was able to get it repaired at the very tail end of my warranty window. No pun intended.

There have been a couple of times where my wife’s Model 3 was showing incorrect tracking when using navigation, but switching the navigation views (route, north up, etc.) fixed the issue. The navigation guidance was correct, just the display was messed up.