Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took my MS on a 1600 mile trip from the Bay Area up to Seattle and back. One problem I had was that when heading north the GPS refused to route me through the Woodburn supercharger and kept telling me to turn back to Springfield, even though I had over 90% charge there. I had to manually force it to go to the Woodburn supercharger. I ran into the same problem on the return trip. It refused to route me through the Vacaville supercharger. It routed me from Monroe back to Springfield rather than to Woodburn, which I had plenty of charge to reach.

One other problem that needs to be addressed is that it really needs the ability to specify multiple destinations. If I'm stopping at someplace along the route it needs to be able to say "charge up to 80%" instead of charge to 50% if there is no charging at the destination (in this case it was a 120v outlet).

Also, the GPS is just way too chatty. There needs to be a way to tone it down. I don't need to be told 8 times to keep to the left to stay on the damned freeway. The voice synthesis also could be a lot better.