Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS Location on browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

How does ‘current location’ request from websites work on the Model S browser?

For example, if you go to maps.google.com and touch on the center on current location icon.... I think a pop-up appears saying something like: ‘This website wants to know your location. Allow // Decline’. And if you touch allow... maps.google.com will center on your location (based on GPS or cellular?) and if you touch on decline it won’t do anything.

The problem is I don’t get the pop up. The car has one month. If someone accidentally touches on ‘Decline’ the pop up never appears again’? When you accept it.... it appears every time or it remembers?

Is there a website I can visit to ‘trigger’ the pop up? Are there ‘browser settings’ anywhere?

Going to the Tesla EVE website (teslaapps.net) shows a pop up saying that you need to allow GPS location for it to work correctly, and that if you haven’t allowed it.... only solution is to factory reset the system....which deletes all NAV favorites, driver profiles, etc.... which I’m not going to do.

Thanks!

Hi

How does ‘current location’ request from websites work on the Model S browser?

For example, if you go to maps.google.com and touch on the center on current location icon.... I think a pop-up appears saying something like: ‘This website wants to know your location. Allow // Decline’. And if you touch allow... maps.google.com will center on your location (based on GPS or cellular?) and if you touch on decline it won’t do anything.

The problem is I don’t get the pop up. The car has one month. If someone accidentally touches on ‘Decline’ the pop up never appears again’? When you accept it.... it appears every time or it remembers?

Is there a website I can visit to ‘trigger’ the pop up? Are there ‘browser settings’ anywhere?

Going to the Tesla EVE website (teslaapps.net) shows a pop up saying that you need to allow GPS location for it to work correctly, and that if you haven’t allowed it.... only solution is to factory reset the system....which deletes all NAV favorites, driver profiles, etc.... which I’m not going to do.

Thanks!

i have the same issue with my 1 month old Model 3. The browser never asks for location permission which means I can not use any sites that request location (maps, Tesla Wake, etc)