TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

GPS / Navigation off by miles

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by chang, Jan 4, 2016.

1. chang

chang Member

I didn't see any threads specifically with this issue so I thought I'd post here.

Has anyone had this issue? About 3 days out of the week, my navigation is mis-calibrated, thinking I'm somewhere else. I've already talked with the SC multiple times, and they would "have a technician check the logs" and it'd be fixed for a week or two, then it would go back to having issues. Resetting both screens multiple times doesn't help.

For your entertainment...

Here it is thinking I'm in the middle of the Bay. I ended up supercharging and it now thinks there's a "charger" at this location.... in the ocean.
    IMG_5910.JPG

And I'm now in the mountains a few miles south off of my location:
    IMG_5998.JPG

And I'm now inside the Oakland airport!
    IMG_5957.JPG

And today was special. Today, I was far West in the Pacific ocean. So far out that it told me "You're now too far from any known charging stations."
    IMG_6021.JPG

Attached Files:

2. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Happens occasionally to me, but it's rare. Usually clears up by the next day when things recalibrate.

3. mobe

mobe Member

I had a 2015 Yukon Denali prior to the Tesla. My Denali did the exact same thing as you are describing. I had a fault in the GPS antenna. It was replaced and that took care of the problem.

4. PaulR

PaulR Member

Do you have anything like a dash cam or other device in the car? I had that issue today after installing an dash cam. I found that the cable powering the camera was interfering with the GPS signal and had frozen me about 10 miles from my actual location. Sometimes it would track me off to the side of the road I was traveling on.

5. bart513

bart513 Member

I don't know why you're complaining? What's so bad about being in the Pacific Ocean or the beautiful mountains??? yes I've had that too and it's frustrating. Only I haven't been in such wonderful locations:p