Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS not updating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Used to have this same problem with older firmware versions. Only way for me to recover was:
1) turn off mobile access
2) park car, roll down windows (SoCal Heat)
3) Close all doors, power down car.
4) Wait 3-4min after power down. Touch nothing.
5) Open driver door to power the car back up.
6) After it is powered back up, Hold down brake pedal (keep holding it)
7) Hold two scroll wheels until MCU powers down and you see the Tesla logo.
8) Release Brake and scroll wheels and let everything power back up.
9) Once the car showed connected again (LTE or WiFi) then test it out and see if it is working now.

After the above it would usually clear whatever it was and start working (don’t forget to re-enable mobile access).

update: I tried all of the suggestions. I also got the latest software update moments ago and did the restart again. Still no luck with GPS updating. This sucks. I am afraid the GPS module may have gone bad. And it's impossible to get a timely service appointment.

If anyone else has any other ideas please let me know!

What happens if you try to use AP? I experienced the same GPS error and shortly after then my AP stopped working and there was a yellow steering wheel flashing on the dashboard.

Had to have my ECU replaced.

"Corrections: Autosteer General Diagnosis

Autopilot control module inoperative causing faults. Recommend replacement of autopilot control module."

What happens if you try to use AP? I experienced the same GPS error and shortly after then my AP stopped working and there was a yellow steering wheel flashing on the dashboard.

Had to have my ECU replaced.

"Corrections: Autosteer General Diagnosis

Autopilot control module inoperative causing faults. Recommend replacement of autopilot control module."
AP works but it won’t always get the speed limit right bc the car doesn’t know where it is. But otherwise it still works on local roads.