Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS not working after camera upgrade!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EbS-P

Apr 21, 2022
NC
Hi All,

I got my cameras upgraded yesterday. Now my GPS is not working. Is this a known issue?

Second the triple cam house is loose and the rear view mirror vibrates with every little bump.

Not sure I have driven enough to calibrate the new cameras yet.

Should i keep following up on the old service ticket or start a new one???

Attachments

• 603E6DAD-CCE2-4E84-BDBA-D77E53A061A7.jpeg
    603E6DAD-CCE2-4E84-BDBA-D77E53A061A7.jpeg
    341.5 KB · Views: 146
I'd 100% follow up with the old ticket. Not sure they put the screws back in tight. I was with mobile in my garage while they did mine and I held a flashlight for them to make it easier.

GPS doesn't seem like it would be related. You could do the change tire config, then change it back old "harder reboot" trick for that. If your clock is not accurate hold your finger on the time for 5-ish seconds to make it resync.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Did the wheel change reboot already nothing. My first Tesla service is not stellar.

They may have forgotten to plug the GPS antenna in. They did that to my car when I got the MCU upgrade, took it back and they fixed it in a few minutes.

Similar ... my cellular antenna (same?) was not plugged in when I got the MCU upgrade and mobile had to come fix it the next day. I knew because the antenna bars would fluxuate wildly from all to 1 or none in a very short amount of time (ie. getting farther away from tower I just drove by).

• Helpful
Well Tesla service agent just made an app 4 weeks from now at the nearest service center 2.5 hours away. I’m frustrated. My free upgrade probably cussed my GPS issue. The camera calibration is has not completed in over 100 miles. Mostly city bit half is 4 lane 45 mph.

If got a list of things to get fixed. It’s getting longer. Sucks that SC is that far away. It makes this challenging for a family of 7 to schedule.

Well Tesla service agent just made an app 4 weeks from now at the nearest service center 2.5 hours away. I’m frustrated. My free upgrade probably cussed my GPS issue. The camera calibration is has not completed in over 100 miles. Mostly city bit half is 4 lane 45 mph.

If got a list of things to get fixed. It’s getting longer. Sucks that SC is that far away. It makes this challenging for a family of 7 to schedule.
Maybe some issue with your cameras too if not calibrated yet. You can drive on a highway with good lines for 10 miles. This sentence doesn't make any sense? " Mostly city bit half is 4 lane 45 mph." what are you saying?

Didn't your GPS show up as soon as you left the service center? I'm confused.

Can't they schedule mobile to come to you?

Not sure where you are at but Asheville is also getting a service center. Where to service a Tesla in Asheville, NC

They may have forgotten to plug the GPS antenna in. They did that to my car when I got the MCU upgrade, took it back and they fixed it in a few minutes.
Uh, agree with Scottf200, that I don't think they are related. There would be no need to disconnect or work around the GPS antenna line. Yes, agree it can be an issue when replacing the MCU because the connection is in a hard to reach location and the line is not that long. OP, your post didn't mention if you also go the MCU upgrade at that time.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: FlyF4 and T-Mom
SC is 2.5 hours away. I need new front axles and probably a new charger. Doubtful it will be done in a day. But we can see. It going to take some coordination to up and back.

I’ve driven 100 miles in the city. Half of the 100 is on 4 lane roads. Mobile service installed the cameras. Can’t seem to schedule a mobile service appointment.

Recently I have had the alert come up GPS Disconnected! and after driving for around 25 miles it goes away, then returns. No idea whats going on, but cannot use the navigation function when it does this, annoying... Any ideas??
Nope. Mine has not been functioning for over a month. No driver assistance features, no gps, no battery preconditioning, no powering off while parked at home or anywhere else.

Reactions: RobDeBank
Well my mobile tech was not very good

“Verified customers concern. Found triple cam was not secure in bracket. Re-secured triple cam. Also found side incorrect side repeaters installed from previous appt. Installed with new repeaters, changed config for camera type back to correct type (this was also changed during mobile appt.). Cleared calibration data and performed camera calibration test drive. Navigation now functions properly.”