TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

GPS off by 65 miles

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Sandy Chamois, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Sandy Chamois

Sandy Chamois Member

yesterday, my 2016 Model S 60D GPS began showing the car moving in the opposite direction as I was commuting home form Manhattan to NJ. Is shows the car now in Oyster Bay, Long Island. The app shows the same. This messes up my air suspension auto raising, homelink and the speed limit signs are no longer displayed. I reset the touchscreen twice, to no avail. My Model X GPS is fine. Any ideas how to fix?

2. artsci

artsci Sponsor

There are several other threads on this problem. I've experienced it myself. -- it had me in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean not far from where the Titianic sank:) The fix required replacement of the rear window (the antenna is embedded there).

3. purduelion

purduelion Member

I had the same problem and it was solved with the first at home OTA software update. I did NOT need anything replaced...

You can also try resetting both displays. First the main, and right when that goes black reset the mini display.

4. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Worth a try but I doubt that it will be permanent fix. When I had my problem I did that at least a dozen times. Now and then it would get the GPS correct but then the system would default to errors. I lived with this for about a month before taking it to my SC for the fix.

5. Spyder14

Spyder14 Member

I know you have made a lot of great mods but now amphibious??!!! o_O

• Funny x 1
  6. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Dismember

No surprise: he just wanted the James Bond mode to be real!