TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

GPS Position Stuck??!

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by mabrett, Feb 12, 2017.

1. mabrett

mabrett New Member

I took delivery of my model S last Wednesday and everything has worked perfectly. Yesterday we took it on a family outing- first the car wouldn't recognize the key fob so I had to start the car from the app on my phone. Then, ever since, the cars GPS position has been stuck in that same spot. I have done two resets with no resolve. Anyone else have this problem?

2. RichardD

RichardD Supporting Member

Do you mean the map isnt moving? Did you reorient it? In the top right there is a icon to change the view.. try that. And by reboot you held both buttons on the steering wheel down? I had the reorientation issue after i was playing with my map., but pressing the view resolved it for me.

3. mabrett

mabrett New Member

Yes I held both buttons on steering wheel down and rebooted the main screen as well as the driver panel. I pushed the reorientation button several times and tried to navigate to a random destination. It just navigates me from where the car is on the map. It also shows on my app that it is still in the same place even though it is plugged in at my house right now.

4. mgdurand

mgdurand Member

Just started having the same problem today, and tried everything you tried. Have you found a fix?

5. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I had the same problem. Hate to say it but my fix was replacement of the GPS, which involves replacing the hatchback window. It was covered under warranty.

6. GasKilla

GasKilla No Gas Know Peace

Try a "power off" from the touchscreen, let the car sit off for about 2 minutes (or more) before you press the brake pedal to turn the car back on. If that doesn't work call tesla technical support @ 877.798.3752. The power off from the touchscreen is a "deeper" reboot than the scroll wheel reboot. Tech support will be able to help if the reboots don't work.