Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS problem with Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla just bought my Model X back a little over a week ago as it was having tons of issues. I had the same issue that is listed here along with a bunch of others. Since I ordered another Model X they kindly gave me a loaner Model S until the replacement arrives. It was great for the first few days then one morning the GPS got stuck, I got a steering assist reduced car needs service notice and a notice saying the emergency braking system had been disabled. It seemed strange for it to start having all these issues at once. The only change I made was the night before I setup HomeLink. So I removed HomeLink and reset the MCU. It took about an hour for the GPS to start working again and I have not had any issues since. Both of these vehicles have AutoPilot HW2.5.
So HomeLink is anchoring the GPS to your home location?!?

So HomeLink is anchoring the GPS to your home location?!?

That is my best guess. In my Model X it happened several times and always within a few miles of my house. I had both vehicles setup to open the garage door when I got close. My garage door opener has been deleted from the loaner S for a little over a week now and the issue has not reappeared. I sent the info to Tesla and they replied, "We do appreciate the feedback, it does sound like there is something with the firmware and home-link happening there. The Engineer [sic] team is aware of this and please look out for an update in the near future."

• Helpful
Reactions: vandacca
I bought my model x 100D on 12/09/2017 and after a few days problems with GPS started including stuck address, taking a very long wierd routes, wrong location of vehicle. So I had to cancel my trip, as I frequently went to service center. Finally they kept my car for one week and they replaced the antenna. Tonight I picked my car and even though I knew my way to home but I wanted to try GPS so I gave home address and guess what? It took me home from all weird ways again and I got home in 75 min ( rather than normal 25 min every day commute ). By the way service center is 2 miles to my work. Right now I am angry and disappointed! I can not have a car with an unpredictable gps as I am really dependent on gps which was the main reason I upgraded my previous car as the manual gps kept from dropping. I will try to return Tesla and buy a real car. I AM DONE!

• Funny
Reactions: ABC2D
Hey- this issue just came up last night.. other then having the car go back and forth is there another solution that has been found? Tried rebooting multiple times. Thanks!
Having this stuck GPS issue on my 2017 X 100D. Obtained 2020.36 a couple days ago.

GPS not working. Backward arrow when a block from my house.

1) Tried 2 finger reboot while driving. Didn't fix.
2) Stopped and did 2 finger reboot while holding brake. Didn't fix.
3) Did Power Off while in seat for 2+ minutes. Didn't fix.
4) Did Power Off while not in seat for 5+ minutes. Didn't fix.
5) My-Location.Org in web browser shows same bad location as cars nav map.

Also stoplight display no longer displays BUT the car will stop at stoplights.

Joe Mode seems to be not working even tho it is enabled. ie. all sounds are loud.

Scheduled charging at my 'home' location stopped and it immediately charges. Similarly homelink auto-open/close of the garage door stopped working.