Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS problems have me using my Garmin GPS.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla model 3 GPS cannot take me home. Even if I activate it when I am only a couple blocks from my house it directs me way out of the way. However, the three year old Garmin GPS I used with my previous car can take me home.

On the way to a medical appointment the GPS took me across a long bridge to an island with another city on it. It could not even find the Sharp Rees Stealy clinic at 300 Fir Street in downtown San Diego. My Garmin GPS can.

As the result of these problems I will be using my Garmin GPS from now on. I don't know what it would take to get Tesla to fix the problem.

Any suggestions?

The Tesla model 3 GPS cannot take me home. Even if I activate it when I am only a couple blocks from my house it directs me way out of the way. However, the three year old Garmin GPS I used with my previous car can take me home.

On the way to a medical appointment the GPS took me across a long bridge to an island with another city on it. It could not even find the Sharp Rees Stealy clinic at 300 Fir Street in downtown San Diego. My Garmin GPS can.

As the result of these problems I will be using my Garmin GPS from now on. I don't know what it would take to get Tesla to fix the problem.

Any suggestions?
are you talking about Coronado? I always go to San Diego, and my model 3;s navigation always worked there. it is just google maps. Maybe update your navigation, there was a new update today as a matter of fact.

Any suggestions?
Have you tried rebooting the car by pressing and holding down the two thumb buttons on the steering? It just looks like maybe your GPS is miscalibrated.