Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS problems since 7.0 update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I got the 7.0 update yesterday, I have had problems with my location in Maps not working. While driving, the arrow thingy was stuck at the same location - a place I had never been before about 5 miles from my actual location. I'm guessing the GPS was not able to get a real location and was using a coarse grained approximate location instead. This was happening in the middle of Silicon Valley where I have never had GPS or LTE coverage problems before.

Rebooting the 17" didn't help, but the problem seems to clear up on its own after a while. This has happened 3 times since the 7.0 update yesterday morning. Anyone else seeing anything like this?

After updating to 7.0 last night, I had the map freeze several times today. Then Slacker froze, then the entire 17". I rebooted 4 times, and Slacker was ok, but map still kept freezing. When i got home tonight, car didn't recognize my location (since map was frozen) or my charging preferences.

Gps not connecting to sat. Let's hope telites

After updating to 7.0 last night, I had the map freeze several times today. Then Slacker froze, then the entire 17". I rebooted 4 times, and Slacker was ok, but map still kept freezing. When i got home tonight, car didn't recognize my location (since map was frozen) or my charging preferences.

I have had the same problem since we picked up our 85D a few months ago. We have been on three major trips where the GPS stopped working and could not locate any satellites. (thanks to our phone GPS we were able to navigate). This has occasionally reset itself days later but this last time, weeks later the car thinks it's in Maryland, vs being in NY in my driveway.

We are bringing the car in for service for the 3rd time. Let's hope they can fix it this time since their attempt to wiggle the wiring harness obviously did not help.

I have had similar issues in the past with the GPS system... it getting lost or not accurately getting the position of the car, having navigation freeze up or go wonky which also effected slacker for some reason, or just not picking up any satellites... all intermittently. Turns out the GPS antenna harness was flaky or intermittent. Replacing the harness and antenna (which required rear glass removal as well as center brake light replacement) fixed the issue. No problems since.