Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS Stuck and No Visuals on Instrument Cluster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
im on an X 2020 with 2020.20.12. first week is ok.

on my second week with this update, my GPS is stuck, instrument cluster only shows my car with radar. no more visualizations, stop lights, lane markings, etc.

AP works, TACC works... but without visuals... only radar showing the proximity to other objects around the car.

did steering wheel reset, foot brake reset, power off overnight reset. nothing works.

i read on tesla motor club forums under gps stuck, a few other ppl are also facing the same issues. no gps, no visuals on instrument cluster.

seems like this issue also popped up a few years back and was fixed by a new fw or tesla pushing a gps reset or tesla pushing a firmware update again.

car was working perfectly... and it just happened out of the blue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-28-10-21-48-67_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-06-28-10-21-48-67_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 92
im on an X 2020 with 2020.20.12. first week is ok.

on my second week with this update, my GPS is stuck, instrument cluster only shows my car with radar. no more visualizations, stop lights, lane markings, etc.

AP works, TACC works... but without visuals... only radar showing the proximity to other objects around the car.

did steering wheel reset, foot brake reset, power off overnight reset. nothing works.

i read on tesla motor club forums under gps stuck, a few other ppl are also facing the same issues. no gps, no visuals on instrument cluster.

seems like this issue also popped up a few years back and was fixed by a new fw or tesla pushing a gps reset or tesla pushing a firmware update again.

car was working perfectly... and it just happened out of the blue.

I have the same issue. We stopped at a pet store and came out. When I drove away the screen was black, no A/C. Had to pull over and do two-button reset. GPS is stuck at the pet store (40 miles away). This was 2 weeks ago and still awaiting a service appointment. Meanwhile AP won’t work above 45 MPH, speed limits obviously don’t show up, summon won’t work, etc. very frustrating.

I have the same issue. We stopped at a pet store and came out. When I drove away the screen was black, no A/C. Had to pull over and do two-button reset. GPS is stuck at the pet store (40 miles away). This was 2 weeks ago and still awaiting a service appointment. Meanwhile AP won’t work above 45 MPH, speed limits obviously don’t show up, summon won’t work, etc. very frustrating.

I assume you have repeated the reboot. If not, try it again, perhaps multiple times. Car dead in your driveway usually garners a quicker response than a routine scheduled service request. You may have to interact with the SC via replying to the text messages you received top your appointment. Email also sometimes works. You could also try emergency road service in the app, rather than just a service request.

This sounds like something that could be fixed remotely, you just need to get their attention.

i had another issue that came up on installing my rear kick sensor. (hansshow). i i blew two fuses.... f133 (rear trunk motor) and f125 (contactor fuse).

car was unable to drive, 12v battery drained n died.

replacing fuses, and recharging the 12v battery fixed that issue along with all my gps stuck/ fsd issue.

i can confirm, just a 12v battery disconnect didnt fix it... maybe it fixed itself when i disconnected the HV cutoff when i was fixing my fuse issues.

all is well now for me. fixed.