Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS stuck/ location not updating (Solved now)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla 3 is parked at home after a road trip. I put the charging wand in the charge port to charge over night in the morning the car was dead could get in the car and my iPhone Tesla app location said I was at the last charging station I was at 180 miles away. Roadside assistance came to the house check the 12 volt battery they was all good. My car is unresponsive and my iPhone app still says by car is 180 miles away from where it is!!

My Tesla 3 is parked at home after a road trip. I put the charging wand in the charge port to charge over night in the morning the car was dead could get in the car and my iPhone Tesla app location said I was at the last charging station I was at 180 miles away. Roadside assistance came to the house check the 12 volt battery they was all good. My car is unresponsive and my iPhone app still says by car is 180 miles away from where it is!!
This isn't really related to the thread at hand. The mobile app only updates information when it can communicate with the vehicle. I'm a bit baffled as to why roadside didn't do a 12V reset, though, unless they did, but you made no mention of that. Disconnecting and reconnecting the 12V would force a reboot of everything powered by it, and is likely the first thing that should be tried. Anyone Tesla sends should know how to do that and whether or not the HV connection needs severed as well (and how to do that). Then again, I'm assuming you mean Tesla roadside assistance, but perhaps you mean some third party outfit.