TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

GPS voice prompt adjustment?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by pchan, Jun 7, 2016.

1. pchan

pchan Member

Am I the only one who feel the GPS always prompt too late for next turn or am I driving too fast? :D I seem to always miss the turn unless I watch the screen closely. Is there any way to adjust it prompts earlier?

2. bredi

bredi Member

my wife prompts me with directions, which reminds me to look down at the navigation to prove her wrong. So I don't miss it. :)

• Funny x 2
  3. proven

proven Member

When is it prompting you? On city streets it typically says something with 0.2 miles to go, which seems fine to me.

4. loganintx

loganintx Member

My wife doesn't help navigate which causes us to argue as to why she isn't helping navigate which causes me to miss the turn that I would have made had I not been arguing about her helping navigate.

• Funny x 3
  5. Softwizard

Softwizard Member

I have been happy with the timing and quantity of prompts. Some GPS' tell you too many times about an upcoming maneuver! I haven't had any problem listening to the warning prompt and then the one when it is time to make the turn on my MX.

6. ssq

ssq Member

Are you ludicrousING right when the lady is about to say something? Well then Tesla needs to ludicrous-compensate prompt lead times :D:p

• Funny x 1