Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS voice when door opens

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my 2020 Model S for annual service. Since then, every time I open one of the front doors, the GPS tells me
"your destination is ahead on the left" even though the nav system is not active. I have tried the reset on the two thumb wheels but can not get this to stop. If anyone else has solved this problem, I would appreciate learning from your experience. Thank you in advance!

• Funny
Reactions: DerbyDave
Took my 2020 Model S for annual service. Since then, every time I open one of the front doors, the GPS tells me
"your destination is ahead on the left" even though the nav system is not active. I have tried the reset on the two thumb wheels but can not get this to stop. If anyone else has solved this problem, I would appreciate learning from your experience. Thank you in advance!

Does your voice command button still work? I had a similar issue on my Model S (twice) every time I open the door (any door) voice commands became active turned out it was the switches themselves. I'm now on my third set. For reference my car is 2012 Signature S85 . To my knowledge however the steering wheel and those switches are the same as the current production cars.

Something you might also try is to send a random address or destination to your car through the app to give it something new to think about and then when you open the car it should try to navigate to the destination you just sent from your app which may clear the roadblock or the cashe in the nav and then you can subsequently cancel that destination it may get you out of the woods.