TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Gracious members and a question about navigation

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Ziggy, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy Member

This is my first post and I would be remiss if I did not mention that most of the members of the club are gracious in their responses no matter how silly a comment, question, or concern may seem. I often don’t like to read comments on news or other forums because of the absurdity of people these days. Conversely, I do enjoy reading the Tesla forum because I’m passionate about my MS as others seem to be about theirs. Thank you for the hours of reading enjoyment.... though I feel silly to admit to hours.:rolleyes:

Does anyone have software version 4.5 on a 60 kWh MS? I took delivery early May and have not seen an update yet. Also, does 4.5 allow the orientation of the map to adjust from a fix north being at the top of the screen? When navigating, it is so confusing to look at the instrument panel and see the tracking relative to direction I am moving only to look down at the touch panel to see something different (dependent if I’m traveling north). I’m sure the direction aspect has been discussed in the forum so I don’t want to rehash that discussion. Only wondering if there is an option in 4.5 to select tracking north or otherwise.

2. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

Welcome, Ziggy!

Heading-Up is still not available on the 17" touchscreen in 4.5; we were told today at TESLIVE that it's coming very soon.

3. Chas F

Chas F Model S 60kWh #P6396

I have an MS60 delivered in early May as well. Still no 4.5 for me.

4. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

Not to worry, I have a S85 delivered Mar 2 and no 4.5 yet. It seems that they are sending the upgrades first to those who already have 4.5 so that the can be sure the bugs are squashed before they send the final version out to the rest of the population.

5. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Jerry's right. I have an older 60 from January and have been through two hops of 4.5 already (am at .54 now).

6. GeekGirls

GeekGirls Kid in Candy Store

There are still new iterations of 4.5 appearing (I've gotten two updates in two weeks, to the .54 and .59 minor versions, respectively.) I believe they normally work toward a stable version before rolling it out widely.

7. Plug Me In

Plug Me In Member

Only reason I got mine 3 months after 4.4 was to fix a headlight bug. Ranger loaded it directly to the car.

8. JPP

JPP Active Member

I took delivery a couple of months ago--still no updates past v. 4.4. Expect to get it pushed during my Fremont service next week.

9. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Took delivery with 4.4, still on that same version. Hopefully any change to the nav will be an option as I prefer the map orientation as it is now. Guess I'm just a nerd who always loved navigating from maps.

10. Klaus

Klaus Member

#10 Klaus, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    I picked up my 60 at the factory on 23 May and it came with 4.5. A newer revision popped up within a couple of days after delivery, and last Tuesday night I got another update. That one made street names on the map much easier to read (larger font).

11. JPP

JPP Active Member

FWIW I brought my S to Fremont today for some maintenance issues, and the service manager was very surprised to see how old the v. 4.4 I had was. He inquired as to whether I had 3G at my house (which I do). He wondered what was up with the factory not pushing out some version of v.4.5 to me. They will of course update firmware during my service visit.

12. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Delivered May 4th, still on 4.4 as delivered.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy Member

Thanks all for the inputs! It appears the engineers must be still providing "fixes" to 4.5 before they push it out to everyone. Otherwise, I would imagine they would have to push incremental updates when a minor build is complete.... just speculation.