Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grammar Misteaks, Spelling Misteaks, and Bad Puns :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is it that North Americans don't know the difference between "nauseous" and "nauseated"?

No. They literally mean the same thing.

Nauseous - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Those who insist that nauseous can properly be used only in sense 1 and that in sense 2 it is an error for nauseated are mistaken. Current evidence shows these facts: nauseous is most frequently used to mean physically affected with nausea, usually after a linking verb such as feel or become;figurative use is quite a bit less frequent. Use of nauseous in sense 1 is much more often figurative than literal, and this use appears to be losing ground to nauseating. Nauseated is used more widely than nauseous in sense 2.

-1 internet points for you.

Now if you're like me and don't see anything wrong with the sentence, "The book is comprised of three chapters," you can rest assured that we're in good company.

Haha, I got the point (comprises vs comprised of), but it's one of those things like "charger" vs "wall connector". For all intents and purposes, it's the same thing.

No, it's not. Only the simple-minded could possibly find it confusing. Get over it.

If you want to "help" or "correct" people when it matters, go for it. Harping on it when it doesn't matter just makes you smaller and wastes everyone's bandwidth -- internet and human.

Just be really careful when doing this. I know another member who was "banned forever" for trying to nicely correct someone's grammar!

Reading comprehension apparently is weak nowadays.

As is, apparently, your writing ability:

I would argue the majority of perspective buyers are smart enough to understand this is a new startup with something special on it's hands.

I currently own a F-type, a Porsche cayenne and a Audi S5. Everyone one of them has has some small issue to deal with. The ironic part? Even with dealers within 5 miles of my home, it's easier for me to get service done by a ranger (closes SC is 110 miles away) then take my ICE cars in locally.