Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grand Hyatt SC 50kW onlyしか出なくなった??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hiroshiy

c1ae6cf1b94c039eeff11ae41e502ead.jpg

先日グランドハイアット東京でスーパーチャージャーを利用したのですが、気温10℃、バッテリーは1時間以上走行してきた状態で、50kWしか出力が出ませんでした。
本日はおおよそSOC 50%、すなわち標準値が200kmくらいから充電開始しましたが、やはり50kWしか出ません。

出力制限されてるような気がしますが、どなたか12月に入ってから、50kW以上で充電できた方はいらっしゃいますか?

English: See attached pic. This was at Grand Hyatt Tokyo SC, with only 50kW. The battery was warm. Also today from SOC 50% (typical=rated range 200km), I got only 50kW. Has anyone experienced this issue here after Dec 1st??

Hi Hiroshi,

No SC experiences yet for me, but I've read a lot about them. You should be getting 90kW on the older SCs (or with older battery packs) or 120kW with the newer ones and later battery packs. The other situation I'm aware of is if you plug into the second of a paired SC port. The second charger usually charges at a much lower rate. Options in that case include moving your car over to another spot and charging at an unpaired port, or waiting until the car before you finishes, remove the connection from your car, wait 1 minute, then reestablish your connection (before anyone starts charging in that now empty port, of course).

I'll have a blog post up about non-supercharging later today at the usual web site. Comments welcome.

Last edited:
I was there yesterday, did not pay much attention to the charge rate as I was waiting in Starbucks for the charge to finish. There was another Tesla present at the time though. let me see if I can check the logs...

Hi Hiroshi-san, do they charge you? I did not ask anything, just said I need a charge. Once plugged, I usually just walk off. I did not ask if there is a fee, just assumed there is not. You should just try that next time. ;-) Oh BTW, if you are in Midtown next week please let me know. I have something for you. Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year, Sean! We really are Tesla geeks watching TMC while everybody else watching Kohaku TV or went to countdown party!

I asked before, and the attendant said it's free if you stay in the car, they'll charge if you leave. I sent a small complaint to Tesla because it doesn't make sense. If GH chargeso parking fees, Tesla could place Superchargers in P2 rather than Grand Hyatt, so local shoppers won't pay parking fees or pay at much lower rate. After all GH IMHO does not cater to Japanese resident long distance car travelers - it is more to foreign executives? If I lived in somewhere else, I would stay at Park Hyatt, Conrad, Ritz or Peninsula/Shangri-la - they have much nicer view and better spa facilities. Sorry for out of topic talk.

So I may try Grand Hyatt SC tomorrow or two days later and will see again (1) slow charging rate and (2) parking fees.

And thanks for the offer. Will let you know when I'll be there.

Indeed we are Telsa geeks!! hahah I'll also try to make a trip to the SC tomorrow, time permitting and test the charging rate. I do remember you posting about parking fees with the GH Hyatt before, I just took the "Gaijin:confused:" approach and took it as a free service unless they (GH) mentioned something to me directly. I completely agree, if the SC is located in the valet area of the GH we should not have have to pay to charge when other locations like P2 could have been used.

Happy New Year, fellow Tesla geeks! It seems to me to be a win-win if we can get a charge, then do whatever we want during the charge. I know I would be getting something to eat and drink if I were charging. We charge up happy, and businesses get, well, our business. It seems like punishment to make us stay in our car. That policy is goofy.

c5f380e93f454b99586fcb874fb9e8cc.jpg

本日もたまたまグランドハイアットのスーパーチャージャーを利用しましたが、やはり50kWくらいしか出ませんでした。一応車内のセンターコンソールの写真を撮りました。他に充電している人はいませんでした。今日はレンジチャージするつもりだったのでパワーが低くても大丈夫なのですが、人によっては困ると思います。テスラに問い合わせ出しました。

Today on January 1st I supercharged at Grand Hyatt Supercharger again, alone, from 171km typical range (see photo). Again I only got 50kW. Asked a question to Tesla and waiting for response.

dd321dc0007b7ee604b9dde4b3bfea04.jpg

I tried supercharging today again from 171km typical range, only one car. The power was 102kW, later climbing up to 106kW.
At 214km, the power was tapered down to 70kW, still much higher rhan 52kW I experienced two times...
1c402d9cb5e871efdb498f27aacca48f.jpg

今日再度、16km標準値からスーパーチャージャー試したところ、今回は102kWで開始、その後106kWまでアップしました。また214km時点では70kW出ていて、それでも前回、前々回の52kWよりはずっと高いです。
気温が関係するのでしょうかね?