Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grand Junction, CO Service Center and Body Shop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm starting the year off with this idea. Tesla needs to do this to better serve these mountain towns. Currently a mobile tech drives out from Colorado Springs a few times a month to service vehicles in Vail, Aspen, Glenwood Springs, Grand Junction, Telluride, Durango, etc. I'm uncertain of who services vehicles in southern Utah (if any).

Another pain point is body repairs. I have a M3 that was rear ended one month after delivery (by car hauler). It took over 3 months to get parts to Service King in Salt Lake City. I tried hard to find a local repair shop so I didn't have to drive 4+ hours to get any repairs inspected and completed. I even tried to get a friend who owns a body shop to apply to be certified. No one wants to do it. I know of 3 other owners in Grand Junction alone that are experiencing the same pain point with body repairs.

So the question becomes, as a Tesla community in Colorado/Utah, should we organize and petition Tesla for a mobile tech who lives in the region and also petition and hand hold a collision shop to become certified in Grand Junction to make our own lives easier with ownership? Who's with me on this?

I couldn't create or sign a petition that took resources away from regions that need it even more.

The same story is echoed in Northern Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, North and South Dakota as well as Montana. Ranger Techs from Denver service all of those far off distances mentioned. At least between you and Denver is SLC which seems far but compared to what others are experiencing to the North it's nothing.

So it's not just the Western Slope that is experiencing what you're describe or worse.

Tesla should have thought this out further before putting THREE service centers within a half hour of each other around Denver. The third is scheduled to come online in Superior any week now. They've echoed close grouping like this in regions all over the country and while it may help them in terms of part/car/employee distribution it hurts the customer service experience. They need to spread out more to better service their customers.

Reactions: sdoorex