Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grand opening for Bellevue store & closing Seattle store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't think they were open today, have to wait til Sat/Sunday? (I couldn't make it, but plan to stop in... sounds like the Beta may be gone after Sunday so I can't even wait til Monday)

Yeah, they've reserved time this afternoon for signature edition reservation holders. So you'll need to get there Saturday or Sunday to see the car. I'm pretty sure Sunday is the last day for the beta.

One of the employees told me that they'd be getting another one to put in the store in about a month, that they'd have one available for customer rides in the first quarter of 2012, and one available for customer drives in the second quarter.

Just returned from our intimate visit with the white beta in Bellevue. Wow! This car is awesome! Not a single show-stopper for me. I understand the lack of a cover for the pano roof or the missing center console might be show-stoppers for some folks, but I'd be happy if I could drive the car away today!

Some notes:

- The inside width is about 53" and the length of the back section with the seats down is in the neighborhood of 60". Because of the sloping roof, it's difficult to measure accurately.

- Definitely roof-rack mounts. If they don't have a roof-rack option available at launch, it shouldn't be long for one to be available.

- side mirrors had blind-spot sensor lights.

- The foot well in the trunk seemed huge! Very deep.

- FWIW, one of the reps said that the doors will have pockets in them.

- The wife LOVED the purse/bag storage under the touch screen. :smile:

- I sat in the back and found it to be very comfortable. It looks like they plan on having fold-down arm rests.

- Something that is being discussed at corporate is whether the Sport package will include special badging or not. Something like what AMG does for Mercedes with special fins, vents, louvers, etc.

Just returned from our intimate visit with the white beta in Bellevue. Wow! This car is awesome! Not a single show-stopper for me. I understand the lack of a cover for the pano roof or the missing center console might be show-stoppers for some folks, but I'd be happy if I could drive the car away today!

Some notes:

- The inside width is about 53" and the length of the back section with the seats down is in the neighborhood of 60". Because of the sloping roof, it's difficult to measure accurately.

- Definitely roof-rack mounts. If they don't have a roof-rack option available at launch, it shouldn't be long for one to be available.

- side mirrors had blind-spot sensor lights.

- The foot well in the trunk seemed huge! Very deep.

- FWIW, one of the reps said that the doors will have pockets in them.

- The wife LOVED the purse/bag storage under the touch screen. :smile:

- I sat in the back and found it to be very comfortable. It looks like they plan on having fold-down arm rests.

- Something that is being discussed at corporate is whether the Sport package will include special badging or not. Something like what AMG does for Mercedes with special fins, vents, louvers, etc.

Glad to hear that your viewing went well.

Seattle Times Article

(about the new Bellevue store)

Seattle Times: Tech enticement at Tesla showroom - Nov 6, 2011

"Our goal is not to sell them a car," said Tesla Vice President George Blankenship. "The goal is to have people feeling comfortable, understand who we are, that we're here for them, and then this magic thing happens: When the time comes for them to buy a car, they go, 'That's the way I want to buy a car. Tesla's the one I want to buy it from.' "