TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Graphene Battery additive?

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by kindred7, Feb 21, 2020.

1. kindred7

kindred7 Member

I was watching a video recently about graphene batteries and apparently they are a thing now for mainstream. Yes I'm shocked too. Right now I've only seen them from this company called Real Graphene, they make power packs and the advertise quick fast charging with a 60W adapter and a 10Ah cell in about 50min. You can see product reviews online.

Anyway, my point is I wonder if this is something we will see in Tesla's? Being able to fast charge at a constant rate from empty to full I'd amazing. Not only that but with graphene you get double the cycle life and heat reduction too.

Interesting right?

2. Spacey73

Spacey73 Member

As far as I understood it the Graphene is added to the cell to aid conduction ability, this reduces resistance allowing for faster charge and discharge without overheating.

Can be added to any current system as it’s only 1 micron thick. Should be really interesting.