Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Grateful: Garage Fitting and Test Drive At My House!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those on the fence or want to see what an X would look like in your garage, try giving the Sales team a call!

I totally geeked out that I had the chance to have a Model X come to my house so that I could see how my current garage setup would handle our upcoming car and after a 1.5hr overview in my garage, the whole family went for a ~25 min test drive.

Such AMAZING service. The Palo Alto Sales team was so awesome in just trying to get me comfortable with the idea and wanted to reassure me that they were happy to make a visit...even if I had already committed/purchased the vehicle. I even told them I know you guys (Tesla) are bending over backwards but they reiterated they were happy to make me happy. They didn't have a timeslot where they could send over a car from their store, so they said we'll send one over from the factory!

I was too giddy with excitement that I didn't take any pictures (and I take pictures of everything). We parked the X in forward and backward, tested out my new Nema 14-50 outlet that was installed the day before (it works!), and the extremely friendly sales person was full of knowledge and answered all my pesky questions. I'm so much more reassured of my X, and in the company philosophy.

The fully loaded P90D that came over was a VIN in the 400s.

I still can't believe Tesla did this for me :)
This type of service goes way above and beyond anything I've experienced.

Thank you to the folks in this forum as I got the idea for a garage fitting/test drive from another thread (sorry I can't give proper credit as I don't remember which thread I read it in - i'm subscribed to so many!). Most of all y'all are so giving and informative. Much appreciated!

For those on the fence or want to see what an X would look like in your garage, try giving the Sales team a call!

I totally geeked out that I had the chance to have a Model X come to my house so that I could see how my current garage setup would handle our upcoming car and after a 1.5hr overview in my garage, the whole family went for a ~25 min test drive.

Such AMAZING service. The Palo Alto Sales team was so awesome in just trying to get me comfortable with the idea and wanted to reassure me that they were happy to make a visit...even if I had already committed/purchased the vehicle. I even told them I know you guys (Tesla) are bending over backwards but they reiterated they were happy to make me happy. They didn't have a timeslot where they could send over a car from their store, so they said we'll send one over from the factory!

I was too giddy with excitement that I didn't take any pictures (and I take pictures of everything). We parked the X in forward and backward, tested out my new Nema 14-50 outlet that was installed the day before (it works!), and the extremely friendly sales person was full of knowledge and answered all my pesky questions. I'm so much more reassured of my X, and in the company philosophy.

The fully loaded P90D that came over was a VIN in the 400s.

I still can't believe Tesla did this for me :)
This type of service goes way above and beyond anything I've experienced.

Thank you to the folks in this forum as I got the idea for a garage fitting/test drive from another thread (sorry I can't give proper credit as I don't remember which thread I read it in - i'm subscribed to so many!). Most of all y'all are so giving and informative. Much appreciated!

I'm surprised a troll hasn't posted yet that this is a sign of poor demand and the need to close a sale, rather than geniune customer service.... o_O

troll troll POOR DEMAND troll troll NEED TO CLOSE SALE troll troll grumble grumble troll GENUINE CUSTOMER SERVICE my butt troll troll troll

:D There you go... maybe that will hold them off....

Tesla is great if you want to try a car out. A few days before I picked up my refreshed S, my OA let me borrow a model X (VIN 443) to test our outlets and test our garage.

Thanks Erik

Model X.jpg

They're good about this. I had them bring a Model S around for a test drive (terrific) a garage fit test (possible, but not generous), and, for a finale, test fitting a concert grand harp in the back (with the rear seats folded). We got the harp in and the hatch shut, but only with the driver's seat run full forward.
Oh well.
But the company was absolutely first rate.
Robin

Reactions: ssq and mlouie23
In 2013 Tesla was nice enough to drive a Model S to my house to see if it would fit in my garage, its pretty common. I have asked for them to do the same for the Model X with a big NO, not sure what's up with that but I am not going to buy a car unless I know it fits.