Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gray 20" Performance wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry that my first post on here is a bit negative but...

I ordered my M3P on 26th September with an estimated delivery date in early December. When I ordered the silver wheels were the only option - great I thought as that's what I want. I really don't like dark wheels as firstly I far prefer silver and around here dark wheels are a bit, well, 'Gangsta'. Also one scuff and they look terrible as the silver shows through.

Now I find out today that I'm getting the grey ones, even though my order was placed about 3 weeks before they changed the website to grey. I have to say I'm more than a little upset by this and am now seriously considering cancelling the order as I'm not getting what I ordered - if I ordered a jacket with silver lining and they gave me a grey lining I'd refuse to accept it, likewise with pretty much any other purchases. I've emailed Tesla with my concerns and am awaiting a reply.

Paul
London, England.

• Funny
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
I agree. I think the silver look better on darker colors and the grey on lighter colors. I also think the silver wheels compliment the chrome trim and dark grey wheels really need chrome delete to look like a well thought out package. You have the option to return for sure, with no questions asked.

Only thing I can say is if you cancel, then what would your other options be? The 19s with a AWD (instead of P)? Anyone ordering a P that would be a no. I do think the grey wheels will be a popular wheel choice (for most actually) so perhaps you can organize a swap. Getting yours in Decembers kinda takes away from a "take-off" swap where each party basically receives new wheels, so you would need to be sure to get pristine wheels.