TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Gray Leather with black alcantara

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by llavalle, Oct 14, 2014.

1. llavalle

llavalle Member

Somewhere around Montreal in Quebec, Canada
    Hey guys,

I've been a lurker here for the past year (when I reserved a Model X). Last week, I bit the bullet and ordered a S85D.

My original plan was to go for a black leather, carbon accents and regular headliner... But using the new design studio, I find the black alcantara headliner VERY nice with the gray leather and matte wood.

Has anyone here would happen to have a picture of a real car with this combination ? Or maybe you've seen it in person? I dropped by the local service center this morning and the guys told me they only saw 1 black alcantara S since they came out but since there are not a lot of Model S here (Quebec, Canada), I'm pretty sure I'll have better chances here.

Thanks!

2. sickfox

sickfox Member

llavalle - I ordered grey leather + black alcantara headliner + carbon fiber. ETA = December. The WAIT is Killing me!!!!! When I get it and no one has posted a pic, i'll post it here. =)

Congrats on your S85D. That's a 4 door BULLET!

3. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

Don't you guys want the new seats?

If I were you I would not want to have a car without them...

4. sickfox

sickfox Member

The seats were nice. I saw the pictures from this post.

5. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

But are you sure you're getting those (the new seats) in the car you have ordered?

6. breser

breser AutoPilot Nostradamus

This won't help you a ton but I've posted the photo of my grey leather interior to demonstrate why I'd recommend anyone ordering now get the black headliner. I don't think the tan cloth goes that well with the interior. The B pillar is particularly odd looking to me. Not sure how I feel about a suede look for the headliner. Wish they'd have a black cloth headliner option.

attachment.php?attachmentid=60412&d=1412130406.jpg

7. sickfox

sickfox Member

I'm sure I wont get it since i placed my order last month. i don't mind though. if they announced that there's going to be an option to choose red seats like below, then that's a different story. I might need to pull some strings and talk to Uncle Musk. :wink:

IMG_7597.JPG

8. SummerlinModelS

On Sunday, during our Las Vegas Tesla Group meeting, a new member drove up in his Blue S85 with the Grey leather/black headliner combo. He had just picked the car up Friday and it was beautiful. Frankly I think that the black/Grey look inside is excellent and would definitely order that combo if I were to order a car today.

9. CHGolferJim

CHGolferJim Member

That is nice. I have white exterior with grey leather interior, and would want a change. Hoping another color comes along in textile for seats, and ceiling to match in color and material (although maybe not red). :wink:

10. Hd172

Hd172 Member

image.jpg
    Heres my gray with black headliner

11. breser

I'm trying really hard to resist the urge to get a retrofit to that headliner. For what it's worth there's another owner that is having it done. So I know it can be done.

12. CSFTN

CSFTN Member

Any pictures of grey interior white alcantera headliner?

13. http.com

http.com Member

I too love the grey leather with black headliner interior....I think it looks AMAZING. Now just waiting for that to be an option on the P85D with next gen seats, so I can have another reason to finally pull the trigger.

14. llavalle

llavalle Member

Somewhere around Montreal in Quebec, Canada
    Wow, it looks amazing. Thanks for the picture. I'm glad I ordered with this exact combination!

Thanks again!

15. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

Really? Wow. So much work. Headliner, pillars, speaker covers (although may be in A-pillar cover), grill in roof, seatbelt hardware, visors (and hardware), dome lights.

Sounds like it would be a fortune.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree! Would like to see it with tan leather.

16. breser

It's actually not that bad based on what the other owner told me. I'm going to be at the service center on Monday so I'll ask about the cost. If I get my own answer I'll post here.

17. breser

Was told about $3k. Part of the reason the cost is so high is that they have to remove the windshield and they usually end up replacing it. Apparently having the sub zero package increases the cost of the windshield replacement, she said in my case since I don't have that the windshield would be about $500. The headliner itself is only $800 - $1k. She said she'd work up an exact quote for me. Not sure I'm going to do it but was curious what it would cost.

18. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

You're soon going to be able to order the P85D with black seats and either tan/grey leather accents. Basically the picture above but with black seats.

19. http.com

http.com Member

Hmmmm....sounds interesting. I just may choose that option. ;)

20. millas

millas New Member

hd172, looks gorgeous! What color is your exterior?

I currently have a P85D order confirmed for February and considering asking to change my black interior/black headliner to grey interior/black headliner. My exterior is black with grey wheels.