TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Gray NextGen seats now available?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by carnutfan, Nov 12, 2016.

1. carnutfan

carnutfan Member

I went to finalize my order today and to my surprise, gray seats now show December delivery. Has anyone else seen this?

2. Krypto Kat

Krypto Kat Member

Yes, Just placed my order, store confirmed availability too.

3. jjen@EDH

#3 [email protected], Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    Same here. Ordered on 10/7, upgraded to EAP, expecting delivery late November - December.

Feel free to use my referral code: james9728 and save $1,000. Not enough for the seat, but any little bit helps.

Remember to check any available rebates in your locale, my county required pre-approval for an $1,000 EV rebate.

Best luck with your order & delivery!

4. tennisman

tennisman Member

You should double check your order - I also was waiting for the grey next gen seats before ordering and then checked the Tesla website - the grey next gen seat is not offered - they are offering the ultra white seat.

5. Bluechip

Bluechip Member

You should check again. If you are looking at the 75D and below the grey seats are available. Only the 90 and 100's have the white instead of grey.

• Like x 1
  6. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

It appears the gray next gen seats are available.

Another change - selecting the Premium Upgrades option ($3500) now also requires selecting Next Gen Seats ($2500). This could be because the Premium Upgrades now includes cooling ventilated seats, which was previously only available on performance cars.

7. miken79

miken79 Member

Sweet. Managed to get that change in just in time

8. jjen@EDH

Cool, I was lucky enough to have sit in one of the 75D with next generation grey seat before ordering, really like the contrast and how the interior feels. hope you will like it, too.

Best luck with your new Tesla!

9. Topher

Topher Energy Curmudgeon

Amusingly, the grey does not have the 'recommended' after it.

Thank you kindly.

10. carnutfan

carnutfan Member

Does anyone know if selecting premium upgrade it means getting a different kind of leather, a la model x?

11. Watts Son

Watts Son Member

Wasn't Premium Upgrades a $3000 package before they added the ventilated seats ? Hard to keep track these days. I got the next gen but, as someone said, ventilated was only for Performance cars.

12. justg0

justg0 Member

Is there any concern of dye transfer from jeans on grey seats. I really like the grey contrast, but I wear jeans a lot and am concerned of the blue color transfer.

13. f-stop

f-stop Member

I have not had any problem with dye transfer in my almost 1 yr old 70 with grey Next Gen seats - I wear blue jeans every day. YMMV

• Like x 2