Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gray tiles on navigation screen ( no outage related)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone!

My car started having gray tiles on the big screen about 10 days ago covering anywhere from 30 to 50% of the screen .
Everything is loading really slow ( traffic, reroutes etc) .
Performed several screen and IC resets without any results . Tesla tried few resets remotely with no results as well.
When I got the car to the SC they performed a map update and didn't found anything wrong with GPS function.
On my drive back home (50 miles) the screen started acting up again ..
Needless to say I was not pleased . I send the SC pictures of the screen and escalating this with the service manager. I was told they will call me back tomorrow.
Has anyone have had this issue before and maybe possible solution?
Car has been upgraded to LTE about 2 years ago..

Thanks for your input

Bobby

Attachments

• IMG_4226.JPG
    IMG_4226.JPG
    336.5 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_4228.JPG
    IMG_4228.JPG
    325.8 KB · Views: 115
...gray tiles on the big screen...

It's a norm for my first 2012 Model S with 3G. I have lived happily with this limitation for the past 5 years till my new car :)

It could be because:

1) Slow transmission of signal, in 2012 case 3G, in your case may be signal strength or other factors.
2) Slow processing power/operating system from the car itself. If it's operating system slowness, may be a firmware can improve the speed.

It's a norm for my first 2012 Model S with 3G. I have lived happily with this limitation for the past 5 years till my new car :)

It could be because:

1) Slow transmission of signal, in 2012 case 3G, in your case may be signal strength or other factors.
2) Slow processing power/operating system from the car itself. If it's operating system slowness, may be a firmware can improve the speed.
I have the LTE upgrade. Never had any issues until about 10 days ago!!!

Thanks for the reply.

Bobby

Reactions: mal_tsla
Thanks for the reply!!
You are welcome!

Seeing the same on WiFi at home btw. I am sure, 100% sure it's not my WiFi. Where my car is parked my phone downloads with 150Mbit/sec, but the car over WiFi is still loading tiles super, super slow.

I haven't contacted Tesla about it as my assumption is that there developers are already aware of this. Such information simply doesn't reach the Service Center.

You are welcome!

Seeing the same on WiFi at home btw. I am sure, 100% sure it's not my WiFi. Where my car is parked my phone downloads with 150Mbit/sec, but the car over WiFi is still loading tiles super, super slow.

I haven't contacted Tesla about it as my assumption is that there developers are already aware of this. Such information simply doesn't reach the Service Center.
Thanks !!

I am on version 17.14.35 classic 2014 S 85 , No autopilot...
There was at least one previous thread on this. It started the day after an update to 17.11.10. I reported to Tesla and asked that they push 17.11.24, as someone reported that fixed it. They said they would, but I have yet to receive.

Maps on Center Console Loading Slower
I am wondering if they can roll me back to whatever version had NO problem...

Still waiting for a resolution to the issue. Service advisor didn't call me back yesterday. Had to follow up this morning...
Tesla is becoming KIA !!!!
I was told unable to get you back to an earlier firmware version either!!!