Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great article about a TMC regular and his Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks guys...I was about to post the link and was amazed to see you'd already posted it!

A few factual errors/typos/misunderstandings as probably all newspaper articles have, but not bad!

The actual paper has a large story on page 6 of the front section of the Sunday paper. Given that the readership of this paper covers a fairly large area of southeastern VA, this ought to be good local coverage.

Very cool article, Todd, and no more inaccuracies than I've come to expect from every story where I have some first-hand experience. It's the nature of professional journalism that deadlines make it inevitable. All in all, it comes across as a balanced article presenting both the upside and some of the drawbacks while making it crystal clear that the former outweigh the latter if you can stomach the price.

You may have to scroll around the Sign In popup. If you're fast, you can click the page 2 link:
http://www.dailypress.com/news/science/dp-nws-tesla-car-zoom-20130106,0,1839685.story?page=2

Thank goodness for Safari's developer mode. A little judicious editing of the HTML after the page loads made it possible to read at leisure.

Very cool article, Todd, and no more inaccuracies than I've come to expect from every story where I have some first-hand experience. It's the nature of professional journalism that deadlines make it inevitable. All in all, it comes across as a balanced article presenting both the upside and some of the drawbacks while making it crystal clear that the former outweigh the latter if you can stomach the price.

Thank goodness for Safari's developer mode. A little judicious editing of the HTML after the page loads made it possible to read at leisure.

after you close the popup you can navigate to the first page of the article from the menu
News > Isle_of_Wight > A Tesla comes to town
to get to page 2 of the article I had to resort to using the IE developer tools to chop up the script and prevent the popup.

Last edited:
Very nice article!

We did the same both in 2009 with our roadster and a few weeks ago with our S!

Maybe we should start a forum to encourage reaching out to local papers and collect links to articles?

In Firefox you just need to disable JavaScript, Alt key --> tools menu --> Options --> Content tab --> remove checkmark use JavaScript.

Then you can read it. But do not forget to restore it back, JavaScript is useful on many websites.

I had Javascript enabled and didn't have any problems (didn't try FireFox).

Equities.com picked up the story and I read it there. No pictures there though. The only glaring mistake I saw was 250 delivered with 13,000 reservations. Overall well written article that was very positive toward Tesla and what it is trying to do.

Very well done, Todd.