Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great Combo - Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax Plus Turtle Wax Seal and Shine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone. For those of you interested in a quick way to give your Model 3 some shine and protection, I have a great combo to recommend. Today, I washed my wife's Honda Accord with Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax. Then I applied Turtle Wax's Seal and Shine spray sealant as a topper. I know normally you apply a sealant onto paint, then top with wax. But I read online that Seal and Shine can be used as a topper, so I thought I would give this combo a go. And it was very impressive. My wife loved the way her car came out and commented that I made her blue paint look like new.

This was my first time using Turtle Wax Seal and Shine. For those of you unfamiliar with it, this is a new "darling" of the youtube detailing world. It costs $6.97 on Amazon and is outperforming sealants that cost $40 to $60.

Working with Seal and Shine is mostly positive. It has a fairly pleasant scent, although I wouldn't say it was the best smelling car product I have used. It goes on pretty smoothly. Not Bead Maker or Hyper Seal smooth, but smooth enough. Just make sure not to apply it to a car in the sun or with hot paint. Once I buffed it to a shine, it gave a great glossy look and, most importantly, I know it will protect the paint for months.

As if to prove my point, about 1 hour after I finished detailing the car, a bird bomb landed on the paint. I took out my Optimum Detailer and the bird bomb came right off. The surface was super slick.

So I definitely recommend the combo of Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax followed by Turtle Wax Seal and Shine if you are looking for a fast and cost-effective way to wash and protect your Model 3.

• Informative
Reactions: Deadpool_25