Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great customer support experience!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I had an issue in my 2018 Model 3 LR with the Bluetooth not working. I tried a few things but could not get my phone paired to the car. The issue is besides the point. So I decided to call Tesla support. I have not needed to call the support line since I got my car almost 4 years ago.

I was nervous since alot of bad press lately about declining service at Tesla blah blah blah. I called the support line expecting to wait a while but I got someone on the phone with the first ring. That was a nice surprise. Then the guy was very friendly and seemed like he was happy I called. Wow.

I explained my issue. He got some basic information about my car and verified identity and then with an easy going friendly demeanor walked me through fixing my bluetooth issue. I was on the phone for about 5 minutes total. But the experience of getting a live human on the phone so quickly and wanting to help was great. It felt like I had a partner at my car company who was always there to help.

As legacy car companies come out with electric cars I would hope that people ask themselves what level of commitment do those companies have with support, software updates, etc. Sure Ford will sell you an electric car but what happens after that? Is there a support line you can call for help, do they have developers working on new updates to software and bug fixes that can be pushed out to cars? I used to own a BMW and if I needed something I always had to go to the dealer and they were quite obnoxious. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that anymore.