TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Great deal from S and S Tires

Discussion in 'NorCal - Reno Tesla Owners (formerly SacArea)' started by Dansblum, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Dansblum

Dansblum Member

so...I got about 25000 miles out of my Model X 20 inch tires (265 front, 275 rear).

I shopped around, Americas Tire was just under 1000 total, they were the cheapest option. I also checked Big-O, and even tirerack ended up just as much when you factored in balance and installation. I was looking to keep it inexpensive - the X has better performance and handling than any previous vehicle, so if I get a slight hit on handling I'm not too worried. We'll have to see on how long they last, of course.

But it was just 761 out the door. They have other nicer options too, of course. Whatever tires you are shopping for, I recommend them. Moe gave great service - I will go back for my other vehicles, too. They are on Auburn Blvd in Citrus Heights, phone is 916-728-4100.

I just thought I'd share. And how do we get him on as a preferred vendor? I'm sure he'd be open to that.

Dan

• Like x 1
  2. mkhalasi85

mkhalasi85 Member

What tires did you end up going with?

I actually go to S and S for all my tire needs.

3. Dansblum

Dansblum Member

Toyo. Inexpensive but decent-wearing, according to Moe. Since it's a staggered setup, we can't rotate them; and it's a HEAVY vehicle, with a LOT of torque, so they will wear out quicker. I only got 25K on the original Continentals - if I can get close to 20K on these I'll be happy, even 18K - new continentals would have been about 1300 I believe.

4. Diana

Diana A.K.A. Kraken's Wife

I've used Americas Tire for years, have been going to the Auburn, CA location recently. They started carrying the Michelin PS2s in the wider rear size this year. Get the repair certificates too. With how much these tires cost it's nice to know you are covered in the event of a tire failure within the tread life of the tire. They repaired damage from a screw that got stuck in the ridges of my tire for me just the other day.

• Like x 1