Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great delivery experience in Atlanta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Model Y (LR, AWD, Midnight Silver) at the Decatur Tesla store last Wednesday. Despite some last minute re-scheduling (was originally Tuesday, then Friday and then Wednesday), delivery experience was superb and the staff (Katie (sp?) especially) was great and very helpful and spent over an hour going over features and getting paperwork filed. Based on previous posts here, I went over it like a hawk and only found a piece of rear passenger door trim that was slightly misaligned. They took ti in the shop, replaced the trim and it was back in 20 mins. Its only been a week but what a fun ride so far! IMG_0712.jpeg

Second BAD experience from Decatur! First was when we picked up M3. Appointment was a 5PM. We were not out of there until 10PM. What a complete mess! OK, so over that. We then convinced a friend to buy a Y. They ordered it in December, 2019 with our referral code and we picked it up today. I say we, since we drove over two hours with our friends to pick up the car. We arrived, low on power and while they went in to do paperwork, we asked if we could top off my car. "NO, you can't use those! I know there are some available, but the chargers are not available for customers. Only available for the newly delivered vehicles." NO, gosh so sorry. No, wish we could help. Just "you can't use those." When I asked for the nearest charger, I was told to use the map in my car! The final straw was about my friends using our referral code. Sorry Charlie, we were told we get nothing and they get nothing because their order didn't fall within a referral period. There is nothing on our account page that says referral orders must fall within the time frames to the right on the page.

On the original M3 delivery, the car wasn't ready or EVEN THERE. They delivered it to another location. We DID finally get a run through of the screen at about 9:45 for 15 or 20 minutes.
Today, no run through other than setting up one phone and telling my friends to go to the website to set up the other user. The person didn't even know why the satellite view was not showing yet. She had to go ask her supervisor. She was very nice, but did not seem to know much more than how to load the iPhone app and ask if my friends had any questions.

I picked up my Model Y (LR, AWD, Midnight Silver) at the Decatur Tesla store last Wednesday. Despite some last minute re-scheduling (was originally Tuesday, then Friday and then Wednesday), delivery experience was superb and the staff (Katie (sp?) especially) was great and very helpful and spent over an hour going over features and getting paperwork filed. Based on previous posts here, I went over it like a hawk and only found a piece of rear passenger door trim that was slightly misaligned. They took ti in the shop, replaced the trim and it was back in 20 mins. Its only been a week but what a fun ride so far! View attachment 558232

I also picked up my MY in Decatur on 6/17. I had a great experience and the person helping me was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. I had as good an experience as one could expect from Tesla. You can't get hold of anyone there by phone and they don't reply to texts very well either. But they're very friendly and helpful in person, in my experience anyway.

I picked up my Model Y (LR, AWD, Midnight Silver) at the Decatur Tesla store last Wednesday. Despite some last minute re-scheduling (was originally Tuesday, then Friday and then Wednesday), delivery experience was superb and the staff (Katie (sp?) especially) was great and very helpful and spent over an hour going over features and getting paperwork filed. Based on previous posts here, I went over it like a hawk and only found a piece of rear passenger door trim that was slightly misaligned. They took ti in the shop, replaced the trim and it was back in 20 mins. Its only been a week but what a fun ride so far! View attachment 558232
That is good to hear, I'm scheduled to take delivery on the 25th. What's your VIN?

BTW aside from text messages, I have not spoken to a human yet and lord knows I have tried. My local SC in Chesterfield MO has a good rep but they don't seem to know how to communicate aside from text messages. As a 67-year-old this is a strange new world, considering spending this much money.

Hoping for a similar experience next week.