Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great delivery experience in Toronto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently took delivery of an new inventory Model S 100D at the Toronto - Lawrence Avenue Tesla Showroom. I had read a lot of fairly negative (and worrisome) posts on TMC that discussed some of the horror stories that some people have had with their deliveries, but I wanted to share my experience to let other new buyers know that it isn't always bad.

I had to fly in from Ottawa to pick up the car in Toronto, and I asked my DS to make sure the car was in perfect condition before I came. She had her team look it over before I booked my flights, which was reassuring to me. On arrival in Toronto my DS arranged for an Uber to pick me up at the airport (on Tesla's dime), which was a nice touch. When I got to the showroom my DS took me to see the car, and spent a ton of time with me explaining all of the features of the car. The detailer (who had spent a bunch of time on the car the day before making sure it was in perfect shape) even came to talk to me to walk me through everything he had done. He and my DS then installed my winter mats, put the tire-toes on my summer wheels and put loaded them into the car for me.

When I picked up the vehicle it was in perfect shape. No issues with the paint or clear coat, no scratches, rock chips, or any evidence that it had ever been driven. All of the panels and chrome lined up perfectly, and there were no apparent defects that I could see. I spent a ton of time inspecting the car (interior and exterior), and the DS didn't seem annoyed or pressed for time. Everyone I met at the Showroom was very friendly and welcoming, and no one seemed in a rush to get me out of there.

This was pretty much the perfect delivery experience!

Hi Scott,

Have decided to drive down to pick it up. Have asked for a weekday delivery in the am. Want to make sure to address anything early on.
Oh and get out of Toronto before rush hour. Will ask that the car be like you said "in perfect condition".
What do you think of the winter mats? Want them as well.

Thanks
Mike

Hi Scott,

Have decided to drive down to pick it up. Have asked for a weekday delivery in the am. Want to make sure to address anything early on.
Oh and get out of Toronto before rush hour. Will ask that the car be like you said "in perfect condition".
What do you think of the winter mats? Want them as well.

Thanks
Mike

I think that’s the better decision. I chose to fly to Toronto to pick it up instead of having it delivered in Ottawa so that I could check it out closely with the DS before accepting delivery. I made my appointment for 10 AM so I could take my time at the showroom, and still easily get out of town before afternoon rush hour.

The winter mats are great, really a must have at this time of year with all of the salt on the roads in Ottawa. I didn’t get the trunk mat and am regretting that decision now. Am going to drive to Montreal at some point to pick one up I think. The only downside to it is that it makes it a little more challenging to access the hidden storage compartment in the footwell, although I haven’t been going in and out of that as often as I had initially anticipated.

What model did you buy? Good luck with the delivery. Hope it goes as smoothly as mine did.

It will be a blue model s currently in stock. I will get the mats and the truck too I think. Ordered winters as you did to drive back.
If you order your mat for the truck from Toronto. I can deliver on my return. I'm in Russell but work at Carling at Moodie.
May I ask who your DS was?
Thanks Mike

It will be a blue model s currently in stock. I will get the mats and the truck too I think. Ordered winters as you did to drive back.
If you order your mat for the truck from Toronto. I can deliver on my return. I'm in Russell but work at Carling at Moodie.
May I ask who your DS was?
Thanks Mike

I emailed my DS ahead of time and asked her to have winter tires installed and have the mats ready, so I didn’t have to get them delivered to me in Ottawa. This worked very well for me.

Nikkita was my DS up until the day of delivery, but when I got there the orientation and final paperwork was done with Justin. Both were excellent.