Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great delivery experience today (Mt. Kisco, NY)!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery day! LR Blue on Black 19 inch wheels, 5 seater. An excruciating 5 day wait between ordering and delivery.. sorry everyone who waits for ever! 142xxx VIN manufactured on 2/28/21 with heated steering wheel and new console.

Delivery was at the Mt. Kisco, NY location. I've spent the last few weeks watching countless YT videos, reading TMC forums, etc and was prepared with a delivery checklist and ready to argue every detail. In reality, it couldn't have been easier. We arrived and the rep said I could have as much time inside and outside the car as I wanted before signing anything. My buddy, his girlfriend and my son went over every part of the car and there were only 3 things. 1) the rear right seat wouldn't fold down via the trunk button. 2) a small scuff of paint on the hood edge, at most 1/4 inch long, 3) just some random interior trim not completely flush which I was able to fix myself in 1 second.

Panel gaps look basically even, everything smooth. I've never inspected a car in detail before and when we got home, tried to do the same to my soon to be returned Volvo XC60 lease and found plenty of every so slightly misaligned pieces I wouldn't have ever even noticed.

For 1 & 2, they said service guys were at lunch so we wrote it up, went to lunch ourselves and then came back and they took care of it all within 1 hour.

Everyone was super nice, no pressure, no hassles. There were lots of other deliveries going on and some walk-in sales. While waiting for service to finish, a young couple with a kid ordered the same exact as me except 7 seater and I told them then can email Tesla for a lower rate and they were very thankful.

The house I'm staying in for the next year or so has an outdoor L2 charger which works perfectly with the J1772 adaptor. Pics of Blue Streak (it's temporary name) at one of the summer camps I work for.

Attachments

• IMG_2365.jpeg
    IMG_2365.jpeg
    978.1 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_2363.jpeg
    IMG_2363.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 234
  • IMG_2361.jpeg
    IMG_2361.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 241
  • IMG_2360.jpeg
    IMG_2360.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 260
  • IMG_2359.jpeg
    IMG_2359.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 249
  • IMG_2357.jpeg
    IMG_2357.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 242
  • IMG_2353.jpeg
    IMG_2353.jpeg
    817.4 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_2351.jpeg
    IMG_2351.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 240
Nice! We took delivery of a MY 7-seater at Mt Kisco on 3/11 (last Thursday) so we missed you by a few days. There was a line of 2 - 3 others getting delivery at the same time, and the parking lot was filled with delivery cars. They had almost no demo cars. I think they said they had 2 demo cars, and what looked like 20+ cars being delivered.

We had a few small things, a prick of paint missing on trunk edge, a loose cover, etc. Someone had stepped into the back seat of our car post-cleaning and you could see a print or two... Had to laugh on that, most likely staff or someone checking out the third row seats. The delivery guy was super nice, but tried to rush us out through the delivery process.

Nice! We took delivery of a MY 7-seater at Mt Kisco on 3/11 (last Thursday) so we missed you by a few days. There was a line of 2 - 3 others getting delivery at the same time, and the parking lot was filled with delivery cars. They had almost no demo cars. I think they said they had 2 demo cars, and what looked like 20+ cars being delivered.

We had a few small things, a prick of paint missing on trunk edge, a loose cover, etc. Someone had stepped into the back seat of our car post-cleaning and you could see a print or two... Had to laugh on that, most likely staff or someone checking out the third row seats. The delivery guy was super nice, but tried to rush us out through the delivery process.
I did my test drives on Wed afternoon, the day before your pickup and was able to drive both their demo cars (3&Y) back to back. Thanks to the kids hybrid / half day, I took my son early afternoon figuring it would be a dead time to do test drives and it certainly was. Enjoy and see you out on the Westchester roads!

What do you mean? Interest rate on loan?

Also, thanks for the experience report. I’m taking delivery of my SR7Y here this Thursday!
Yes, as indicated in the forums here, if you email [email protected] and simply ask for a lower rate than the published 2.49%, they’ll give it to you. I’m sure credit score, location, etc has something to do with their decision. I got 1.94 with chase just by asking.

Reactions: Noflash
Thanks for sharing your experiences! I'm planning to take delivery at Mt. Kisco in May or June, and will be driving from 5 hours away (Rochester). I like that you were given ample time to examine the interior and exterior as I'd like to do the same. Enjoy your rides!